Test Analyst .
Position: Test Analyst
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.45am – 5.15pm
Salary: Negotiable (dependent on experience)
Looking to develop a career with an award winning business in the financial services industry? AJ Bell could have just the opportunity for you.
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £47.7 billion and more than 214,800 clients. Our award winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre. We have our head office in Manchester, as well as a Media office in London.
Our aim is to be to a market-leading provider of investment products and administration services in the execution-only and adviser markets.
We are currently looking to recruit a Test Analyst to join our team in London.
- Carry out testing across a wide range of processes and systems - including web and mobile, API, back office (workflow) processes, 3rd party systems and integrations between all of these systems including end to end testing.
- Understand and interpret business, functional and technical requirements.
- Understand AJ Bell products and processes, and relevant Financial Services legislation.
- Have input into how solutions are developed and delivered using knowledge and expertise to help deliver the best possible outcome for the customer.
- Develop test scenarios / scripts based on user stories and requirements.
- Preparing / identifying realistic data for use in tests.
- Execute test scripts and record results using software testing tools (TFS / MTM).
- Raising bugs in a timely manner with sufficient detail to be fixed / reproduced.
- Effectively communicate issues and concerns with developers, business analysts and other business areas and 3rd parties where appropriate.
- Escalate issues which can’t be resolved in the team.
- Supporting User Acceptance Testing and out of hours release to Production.
- Understand Agile Scrum processes and take part in and contribute to relevant meetings such as Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, daily Stand-Ups, Retrospective.
- Some travel to Manchester office required.
- Knowledge of software testing practices and principles (min. ISTQB Foundation Level).
- Technical understanding of processes under test and relevant related processes and the ability to test components (not just end to end / UAT).
- Understanding of Agile Scrum methodology and ability to apply its practices.
- An understanding of test automation concepts and their application.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with those in a technical role (e.g. developers) in addition to users.
- Knowledge of CMS systems such as Drupal, Wordpress.
- Knowledge of JIRA, TFS or other requirement and test management solutions.
- Knowledge and experience of Financial Services sector.
In return we will provide all the training and support you need in order to develop within your role. There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our strong guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year which are open to all employees.
You may have experience of the following: Test Analyst, Quality Analyst, Software Tester, QA Analyst, Quality Assurance Analyst, QA, Testing, Quality Assurance, Testing Analyst, Test Consultant, Software QA Analyst, Software Test Engineer, iOS, Android, Mobile App Testing, Mobile Tester, HTML5, C#, PHP, Tester, Automated Testing, Test Automation etc.