Capacity Manager .
Capacity in the cloud - it's all about bursting.
Are you an experienced Capacity Manager looking for a new challenge?
Do you relish the opportunity to work across multiple cloud technologies to make sure we have the right capacity, in the right place, at the right time?
Can you work across technical, business and finance teams to persuade them of the best course of action?
If so, this could be the role you've been waiting for!
Position: Capacity Manager
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
At UKCloud we're looking for someone who can take the way we manage capacity of our cloud platforms to the next level, supporting our growth and making sure we manage infrastructure efficiently.
You'll be a data driven individual; able to build complex models and develop tools to give real insights that enable tuning and uplifts just in time.
- Delivering highly effective and business aligned Capacity Management across all products to ensure that our customers can consume the services they purchase and that we optimise the investment in our platforms.
- Translate the platform technology needs into a commercially justified ongoing capacity plan.
- Evaluate and model resourcing requirements, to identify approaches which deliver efficient implementation and scheduling of infrastructure uplifts.
- Proactively review ongoing platform growth, sales pipeline and product innovations to ensure that capacity is delivered in a timely and predictable manner.
- Collaborate with business operations, platform and data centre teams to understand and manage inter-related processes including order management, asset lifecycle management and the supply chain.
- Expert real-world knowledge of capacity planning techniques.
- Capacity modelling, data analysis reporting, trending and forecasting.
- Experience of complex planning; liaising with engineering, product development and operational management elements across multiple and parallel environments.
- Exceptional stakeholder management and influencing skills with a pragmatic approach to delivery.
- Understanding of Cloud infrastructure technology would be a real advantage.
- Broad commercial understanding.
You may have experience of the following: Capacity Planning, Capacity Management, Capacity Analyst, Capacity Planning Manager, IT Infrastructure Manager, Cloud Platform, Cloud Infrastructure, etc.