Senior Support Worker .
Join Care in Mind – A Unique and Innovative Approach to Supporting Young People in Care.
Care in Mind provide residential services for young people aged 16-25 years old who have been discharged from psychiatric inpatient stays or secure children’s homes. The young people we care for often require a high level of support and dynamic approach to risk management in order to support problems they may have with self-harming, behaviour and emotional regulation.
Our aim is to support the young people using a therapeutic approach to live in a non-secure community setting and to achieve their individual goals in preparation for transition to adult life. As part of our continued growth we are now looking to recruit within our home in Leeds.
Position: Senior Support Worker
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week plus 1 sleep in per week; Early Shift- 7.00am- 3.30pm; Late Shift – 2.00pm-10.30pm; Sleep ins – 11.00pm-7am
Salary: £19,080.75 per annum dependent on qualifications and experience (Trainee salary - £18478.20)
Benefits: 22-27 holidays per year (plus bank holidays), Free training and professional development programme, Paid induction, training and enhanced DBS check, Company Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Childcare Vouchers, Free onsite parking, Paid DBS check, Online shopping discounts
Closing Date: Wednesday 3rd July 2019
About the role:
As part of our continued growth we are now looking to recruit within our home in Leeds.
- Act as a member of the team and assist the management staff in giving the highest standard of care possible to all the young people, closely following individual care plans and programmes.
- Support the Team Leaders, Deputy and Residential Manager in ensuring the running of the home is to its highest possible standard
- Assist the Team Leaders in the planning of co-ordination of shifts, ensuring 1:1 time is planned for the young people as well as the facilitation of appointments and planned activities. To take lead in managing this in the absence of a Team Leader.
- NVQ Level 2 qualification in in care or equivalent.
- Previous experience of working with young people who have mental health needs.
- To be able to work as part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work shifts within a 24/7 day per week rota.
Care in Mind provides care 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. All roles will involve some weekend working.
If you have a passion and commitment to work with young people and make a difference to their lives please apply now for a link to our online application pack.
Care in Mind operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
As an employer we are also committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff.
We reserve the right to bring forward our closing date, without notice in the event of high volumes of interest.
You may have experience of the following: Senior Support Worker, Senior Care Worker, Care Assistant, Social Care, Healthcare Assistant, Healthcare Worker, Vulnerable People, Young People, Key Worker, Care Worker, Care Staff, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit etc.