Project Manager (Business Benefits Realisation) .
Derbyshire Constabulary is committed to reducing and investigating crime, protecting people and promoting law and order across the county of Derbyshire.
Derbyshire is renowned for being hugely diverse, encompassing the rural areas of the Peak District as well as old mining communities, modern towns and business centres. It is also home to the vibrant and culturally diverse city of Derby.
Position: Business Benefits Realisation Manager
Location: Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3RS
Job type: Full Time, 2 years Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 37 per week
Salary: £32,907 to £39,705 per annum
Closing date: 18th June 2019 at 23:55hrs
About the role:
Derbyshire Constabulary is undertaking a number of strategic change programmes to ensure that they can provide a high-quality policing service for the people of Derbyshire, both now and in the future. As part of the Business Change team, this role is responsible for capturing and driving the realisation of business benefits required to successfully embed the business change to ensure the Force achieves its change strategy, goals and objectives.
- Develop, manage and deliver a Business Benefits Realisation Strategy and work plan for the Force and all stakeholders.
- Represent the force in relation to Business Benefits Realisation.
- Develop, establish and maintain common documentation templates for projects in respect of Business benefits realisation. Maintaining a library of appropriate programme / project management documentation templates, embedding these across the organisation.
- Preparing documents for appropriate governance boards in relation to business benefits realisation, communicating with stakeholders and board members.
- Work closely with project officers and managers in line with the programme objectives to identify opportunities for efficiencies and smarter ways of working for the organisation.
- Support the projects and programme managers, hosting workshops and relevant meetings with business leads, to effectively measure benefits.
- Undertake assurance activities to ensure that the Business Benefits realisation strategy and plan are progressing according to the required parameters and methodology.
- Define and maintain an appropriate risk and issue management process for use within programmes and projects.
- Contribute to the communications strategy regarding benefits to outline the communication flow between the project and interested parties.
- Degree-level education or demonstrable equivalent work experience, ideally in a project management or analytical discipline.
- Proven experience of working in a Business benefits and realisation role.
- Previous experience of the development and implementation of the use of cost benefit analysis methods, benefit mapping and benefit profiling tools.
- Knowledge and experience of strategy and planning including experience of project planning methodologies, e.g., PRINCE2, MSP, Agile, SCRUM etc.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills and familiarity with IT applications relevant to project management and the role.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to enthuse those impacted by change.
- Strong problem-solving skills with demonstrable evidence of managing and influencing stakeholders to effectively identify business benefits within change proposals as well as the realisation of such benefits during the implementation of change.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, working to time pressured deadlines.
You may have experience of the following: Project Manager, Implementations Manager, PRINCE2, MSP, Agile, SCRUM, Project Management, Stakeholder Management, Project Delivery Manager, Project Coordinator, Programme Manager, Programme Management, etc.