Communications Coordinator .
Passivhaus is the leading international standard for reducing energy use and carbon emissions from buildings, as well as providing high standards of comfort and building health. The Passivhaus Trust (PHT) is a non-profit organisation that promotes the principles of Passivhaus in the UK.
The PHT is part of the global Passivhaus movement and is the UK affiliate of the Passivhaus Institut and the International Passive House Association (iPHA). PHT is a growing organisation and runs a series of national and local events including awards, conferences; and promotional campaigns throughout the year.
Position: Communications Coordinator
Location: Angel, London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Full or Part Time
Salary: £25k to 30k per annum FTE.
Closing date: 30th June 2019
Interviews will take place in the first week of July with the intention of work starting from mid-July 2019 onwards.
About the role:
We're looking for a Communications co-ordinator to join our team! The role includes developing & delivering key messages across a variety of mediums to push the Standard into the mainstream; promoting the latest exemplary projects; organising enticing events, and growing membership.
- Promoting new online training materials and a training platform.
- Assist with Passivhaus campaigns, PR, social media & maintaining the PHT brand.
- Assist with the recruitment and management of PHT members.
- Create unique content for the website / press releases and e-newsletters.
- Organise & assist delivery of a varied events programme including trade shows, site visits, & conferences.
- Assist in maintaining and updating the PHT websites.
- Maintain & update the UK Passivhaus project database & research the latest projects.
- Ensure the smooth running of the office & handling client enquiries – email / phone / face to face.
From this base, the role could develop in several directions, such as education, comms or campaigning.
We are looking for a team player with initiative, ideally based in London, ready to become a key member of the team. You will be a motivated and enthusiastic person who has a good understanding of sustainable buildings, plus minimum qualifications of a relevant degree and a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience, including some marketing / communications experience.
- Building industry background & / or knowledge of sustainable buildings.
- Experience of company communications & / or marketing activities.
- Proficient in design packages such as Photoshop & / or InDesign.
- Experience of content management for websites.
- Capable of prioritising work and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Passivhaus.
- Experience of creating / editing video content.
- Experience of organising & delivering events.
- Experience of maintaining & analysing professional social media profiles.
- SEO experience.
You may have experience of the following: Senior Communications Officer, Communications Officer, Communications Coordinator, Communications Executive, PR Assistant, PR Officer, PR Advisor, PR Executives, Senior Media Assistant, Media Officer, Media Advisor, Media Executive, Media and PR Officer, Public Relations, Public Relations Officer, Architectural Assistant, Architectural Designer etc.