Solicitor (Commercial Contracts) .
Derbyshire Constabulary is committed to reducing and investigating crime, protecting people and promoting law and order across the county of Derbyshire.
Derbyshire is renowned for being hugely diverse, encompassing the rural areas of the Peak District as well as old mining communities, modern towns and business centres. It is also home to the vibrant and culturally diverse city of Derby.
Position: Contracts Commercial Solicitor (Maternity Cover)
Location: Ripley, Derbyshire (Commutable from Alfreton, Belper, Matlock, Chesterfield & surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Maternity Cover
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £42,759 to £53,538 per annum
Closing date: 13th June 2019 at 23:55hrs
About the role:
The postholder will work within East Midlands Police Legal Services providing advice and support to the Chief Constables and Police and Crime Commissioners of the East Midlands Policing Region in relation to contracts and procurement across a range of areas of policing activity, together with advice and legal support in relation to procurement, commercial contractual and property matters generally.
- Advising on public procurement.
- Advising on commercial contractual matters generally (including property).
- Drafting and reviewing legal documentation in respect of transactions.
- Presenting information on procurement and commercial contract related matters both verbally and in written form.
- Leading on commercial negotiations.
- Reporting to the Deputy Head of Legal Services.
- Other matters commensurate with the role.
- Professional legal qualification as a solicitor, barrister or equivalent.
- Experience of dealing personally with a range of commercial contractual matters including complex contractual and procurement transactions.
- Experience of dealing with commercial property (desirable).
You may have experience of the following: Contracts Commercial Solicitor, Solicitor, Lawyer, Qualified Solicitor, Paralegal, Legal Administrator, Contracts Administrator, Commercial Contracts, Property Lawyer, Commercial Property Lawyer, etc.