Transport Planner .
Leicester is one of the most diverse and multicultural cities in the country. They are committed to improving the lives of children, raising aspirations and building achievements.
Position: Transport Planner
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week. Additional hours may be required to meet the needs of the service.
Salary: £38,813 to £41,675 per annum
Closing Date: 25th June 2019
About the role:
The Highway Development Control Team play a key role in the delivery of new development within Leicester. From concept to completion, they work closely with Planning to enable delivery of new projects and highway infrastructure.
- Provide specialist advice, on development proposals
- Analyse transport assessments and transport model outputs
- Lead for the Highway Authority on strategic development sites, policy reviews and planning briefs
- Negotiate infrastructure gain and highway adoption
- Represent the Highway Authority at local and regional meetings. Act as expert witness
- Manage project staff and consultants
- Significant experience in planning or a transport related field
- Experience of working on, and understanding of, planning and development control proposals and applications
- Experience of securing planning gain for infrastructure
- Knowledge of Highways and Planning legislation
- Knowledge of Transport Assessments
- Ability to utilise highway development control software, e.g. TRICS
What they can offer you:
As well as the satisfaction of helping to improve thousands of lives across Leicester, you can look forward to a work environment that encourages a healthy balance between you work life and your personal life. You’ll enjoy generous annual leave entitlement, membership of the excellent Local Government Pension Scheme and the option of flexible working. They'll also give you the chance to develop your skills and expertise with training and development opportunities where possible. In addition, you can choose from a number of flexible benefits, including their fantastic salary sacrifice car scheme, big discounts at high-street outlets, childcare vouchers, discounts on city buses and trains, they may also be able help with relocation expenses if you are moving to the City.
You may have experience of the following: Transport Planner, Transport Planning, Planner, Town Planner, Town Planning, Infrastructure Planner, Infrastructure Planning, Highways Planner, Highways Planning, etc.