Field Maintenance Engineer .
Do you want to work for a company, that wants a world where people have the freedom to live life to the full, in a place of their choice? Then Tunstall is for you!
Tunstall was the first to develop alarm systems for older people and has continued to lead the market ever since. With a team of almost 3,000 employees operating in 17 countries across the world, Tunstall works with health professionals and social care providers daily, to provide support to help manage long term health conditions and provide person-centred care.
Tunstall has pioneered the use of technology to enable independent living, supporting more than five million people and their families across the world. Through our regional response centres this enables us to develop digital solutions that enhance independent living and improve efficiencies in clinical care.
Position: Field Maintenance Engineer
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Salary: £22,000 per annum
About the role:
To provide the highest quality repair and maintenance service for Telecare and Assisted Living equipment in an efficient and professional manner, continually meeting or exceeding given performance targets as directed by the Regional Service Manager. The jobholder shall at all times consider the needs of the Customer first and be able to demonstrate exceptional customer relation and interpersonal skills.
- To carry out preventative maintenance checks on Telecare equipment.
- To undertake Smoke Detector cleaning and battery replacement within installed systems & to perform preventative maintenance checks to existing and future products / systems to ensure that potentially disruptive issues are pro-actively averted.
- To repair and maintain existing equipment and systems across the full range of products.
- Undertake simple installation of individual pieces of equipment to company standards.
- To continually meet or exceed performance targets as set by the Regional Service Manager in the areas of productivity, quality of workmanship, first fix rate, stock control and attendance at work.
- Identify issues which lessen customer satisfaction and actively participate in their resolution and future prevention while adhering to the company's policies and procedures.
- To demonstrate co-operation and flexibility in meeting the demands of customers throughout the area 7 days a week.
- To be a highly motivated and enthusiastic team member positively promoting the Organisation as a world class service provider.
- To ensure paperwork is clear, concise and on time.
- Endeavour to create new business and sustain existing business.
- Preferred (but not essential) qualifications are City & Guilds or similar in basic electrical installations work and associated safe systems of work. E.G. 16th edition regulations, safety passports etc.
- Basic Telephone wiring knowledge preferable but not essential.
- Preferred (but not essential) a basic technical understanding of the system architecture of intercom based communication, access control, CCTV, Fire Alarm or Intruder systems and related equipment and their installation or modification.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven Customer focus.
- Effective communication and motivational skills.
- Proven performance orientation.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety issues relating to electrical & installation work.
- Effective time management & planning skills.
- A flexible attitude.
- Clean & tidy worker.
- Full Driving licence.
- No incompatible previous convictions.
You may have experience of the following: Field Service Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Mobile Support Engineer, Telecoms Engineer, Telecoms Repair, Electrician, Networks, Electronic Technician, Electrical Engineer, Field Service Technician, Maintenance Engineer, PPM, Electrical Installation, etc.