Field Maintenance Engineer .
Do you want to work for a company that wants a world where people have the freedom to live life to the full, in a place of their choice? Then Tunstall is for you!
Tunstall was the first to develop alarm systems for older people and has continued to lead the market ever since. With a team of almost 3,000 employees operating in 17 countries across the world, Tunstall works with health professionals and social care providers daily, to provide support to help manage long term health conditions and provide person-centred care.
Tunstall has pioneered the use of technology to enable independent living, supporting more than five million people and their families across the world. Through our regional response centres this enables us to develop digital solutions that enhance independent living and improve efficiencies in clinical care.
Position: Field Maintenance Engineer
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Benefits: Company vehicle, Fuel card, Overtime opportunities, Company phone, Uniform, Tools, Up to 9% combined pension contribution, 25 days holidays + bank holidays, Free eye tests, Cycle to work scheme, Retails discounts
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us at Tunstall as a Field Maintenance Engineer.
Your role will be to provide the highest quality repair and maintenance service for Telecare and Assisted Living equipment in an efficient and professional manner. The jobholder will need to demonstrate exceptional customer relation and interpersonal skills as you will be dealing with a variety of customers from vulnerable to elderly and working on equipment in their homes.
- To carry out preventative maintenance checks on Telecare equipment.
- To undertake Smoke Detector cleaning and battery replacement within installed system, & to perform preventative maintenance checks to existing and future products / systems.
- To repair and maintain existing equipment and systems across the full range of products.
- Undertake simple installation of individual pieces of equipment to company standards.
- Identify issues and actively participate in their resolution and future prevention, while adhering to the company's policies and procedures.
- To demonstrate co-operation and flexibility in meeting the demands of customers throughout the area 5 days a week.
- To ensure paperwork is clear, concise and on time.
- Endeavour to create new business and sustain existing business.
- City & Guilds qualifications in basic electrical installations work and associated safe systems of work or equivalent is desirable. E.G. 16 / 17th edition regulations, safety passports etc.
- Basic Telephone wiring knowledge and technical understanding of the system architecture of intercom based communication, access control, CCTV, Fire Alarm or Intruder systems and related equipment and their installation or modification is desirable.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- A team player with a flexible approach to work.
- Good time management & planning skills.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety issues relating to electrical & installation work is desirable.
You may have experience of the following: Field Service Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Mobile Support Engineer, Telecoms Engineer, Telecoms Repair, Electrician, Networks, Electronic Technician, Electrical Engineer, Field Service Technician, Maintenance Engineer, PPM, Electrical Installation, etc.