Retail Manager (Charity) .
Shooting Star Chase is a leading children’s hospice charity caring for babies, children and young people with life-limiting conditions, and their families. We currently have 13 shops across London and Surrey and they all play a vital role in helping to fund our care services.
Position: Shop Manager
Location: Battersea, Northcote Road
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £20,604 per annum
About the role:
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and creative Shop Manager to lead in the running our Battersea shop on Northcote Road. You will play an integrated role within the retail service at Shooting Star Children's Hospices, supporting the growth and excellent services we provide to our customers and supporters.
The Shop Manager will be jointly responsible for the smooth running of the shop, ensuring a pleasant working environment for the other staff and volunteers.
- Planning, allocating and providing clear line management to the Assistant Managers
- Working alongside the volunteering management team in recruiting and training volunteers
- Processing donations as soon as possible with the support of the volunteers
- Ensuring all merchandise is displayed appropriately and the window display is creative and eye catching
- Promoting the gift aid scheme to customers
- Following cash and banking procedures and submitting financial documentations to the finance team to process
Having previous experience in Charity retail is essential, as is a can-do attitude.
If you feel you are up to the challenge and are keen to join a close-knit team who work well together, we want to hear from you.
You may have experience of the following: Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Retail Manager, Retail, Shop Manager, Assistant Shop Manager, Assistant Retail Manager, , Retail Management, Merchandising, Retail Supervisor, Shop Supervisor, Store Supervisor, Customer Service, Charity Shop, Branch Manager, Charity, Third Sector, NFP, etc.