Support Worker (Waking nights) .
LCH provide care, support and housing in London for people who may be homeless, have a learning disability or a mental health need. Our aim is to provide a safe and secure environment to help people recover and maximise their potential. LCH’s services place people at the heart of their communities and help them to develop the skills to live independent lives in the way they choose. LCH work with local people in an environment that promotes and embraces diversity and the differences that make people individuals.
Position: Waking Night Support Worker
Location: Hounslow, London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £17,680 per annum
Benefits: 21 days per annum plus Bank Holidays; pension scheme
About the role:
To work at night as a member of a support team providing service users with an environment where they are encouraged to live as independently as possible, using assertive models of engagement and individually tailored support plans to form the basis for effective interventions.
- To provide waking night support, taking responsibility for all aspects of the safety and security of the project whilst on shift.
- To provide an immediate response to customer(s) in the event of a health or other emergency, taking prompt action.
- To work with customer(s), as directed, and on own initiative, supporting them through crisis situations.
- To undertake regular security checks of the building in line with LCH’s Health & Safety Policy reporting any observations relating to Health and Safety to senior staff at the earliest opportunity.
- To undertake cleaning duties of the office and communal areas of the project as appropriate and as directed by the line manager.
- To attend regular performance management meetings, staff meetings and any other meetings as directed by the Project Manager.
- To handle any cash transactions in accordance with laid down procedures.
- To ensure safeguarding protocols are followed.
- To implement good practice in Health and Safety.
- To promote equality, diversity and inclusion in all aspects of work.
- Successful experience of working with vulnerable adults, preferably in a mental health or learning disability setting.
- Ability to work effectively with people presenting challenging behaviour and to enable customer(s) to work through crisis situations with appropriate support.
- The ability to understand health and safety matters in the workplace and the ability to take responsibility for the safety and security of customer(s) while on duty.
- Good written, IT and verbal skills including ability to maintain appropriate reporting and filing systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Willingness to attend meetings and training on occasions, outside normal working hours.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport and to relate positively to people from diverse backgrounds / cultures and a commitment to issues of Equality of Opportunity and Managing Diversity.
Applicants must state clearly on their application form the ways in which their skills and experience meet all the selection criteria in the Person Specification. If you do not adequately address each and every one of these in your application, we will not be able to shortlist you.
Under the Asylum and Immigration Act 1999, LCH has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to work in the UK. Consequently before you can commence work you will be expected to provide evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK. This may be your birth certificate, passport, work permit or other document confirming your right to work in the UK.
This post is subject to satisfactory references, pre appointment Health Assessment and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Social Care, Healthcare Assistant, Healthcare Worker, Learning Disabilities, Vulnerable People, Key Worker, Care Worker, Care Staff, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit etc.