Assistant Production Team Leader .
Gate Gourmet is the world's largest independent provider of catering services for airlines and is the core business behind gategroup, whose eleven associated brands offer customers a comprehensive scope of products and services for virtually any on-board need. We provide more than 200 million meals a year to our 270-plus customers at some 120 airport locations around the globe.
Position: Assistant Team Leader (Flow Coordinator)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £9.20 per hour
About the role:
We are currently looking to recruit Assistant Team Leaders (Flow Coordinators) to join our team based in Luton.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing your assigned area of responsibility, taking ownership and accountability for meeting operational objectives and targets. We are looking for individuals with experience in managing teams within a warehouse / food production / manufacturing or aviation environment.
- Maintain overall productivity within designated area against section objectives and targets
- Coach and train General Assistants to department / company standards. Feedback issues to Team Leader
- Resolve conflict / provide solutions by exercising high levels of influencing, negotiation and communication skills. Lead and participate in staff briefings
- Create a positive working environment
- Maintain legal / compliance across health and safety, food safety, Department for Transport (DfT), security, gateOPEX (in-house operational excellence programme)
- Contribute and manage within defined systems of working to ensure quality of product, service to the customer and team progression / development
- Instigate and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Deputise for Team Leader when required
- Conduct quality, quantity and security checks
- Pack airline items, portion foods and tray assemblies and move and stage airline equipment as required
- Solve small problems occurring in the assembly areas
- Take small decisions about priorities and instruct the staff to ensure the flights are completed
- Be trained as a DfT checker as required and support on this function as required
- Ability to cover a 7-day operation
- A-levels or equivalent and / or relevant work experience
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment ideally managing teams
- Food hygiene, security, H&S experience
- Minimum of 1 year’s relevant operational experience
- Demonstrable experience of taking accountability
- Numerate and literate, ability to interface with management
- Ability to build relations and manage diverse teams
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
You may have experience of the following: Assistant Team Leader, Assistant Production Team Leader, Production Assistant, Production Team Leader, Production Supervisor, Manufacturing Assistant, Manufacturing Operative, Manufacturing Team Leader, Manufacturing Supervisor, Warehouse Assistant, Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse Supervisor, etc.