Head of Financial Systems & Transactional Services .
HM Land Registry is committed to becoming the world’s leading land registry for speed, simplicity and an open approach to data.
We are a government department created in 1862 to register land and property ownership in England and Wales. The Land Register contains more than 25 million titles showing evidence of ownership for more than 86% of the land mass of England and Wales and safeguards land and property ownership worth in excess of £4 trillion, including around £1 trillion of mortgages.
Position: Head of Financial Systems & Transactional Services
Location: Croydon, London, CR0 2AQ
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Flexible working, Full-time, Job share, Part-time
Salary: £46,350 per annum
Closing date: 16 June 2019
About the role:
We are looking to appoint a fully qualified Accountant as the head of Financial Systems and Transactional Services. This high-profile role in HMLR is key in ensuring that HMLR has sound financial systems on which to accurately process and record transactions and report financial performance to the business.
HMLR has recently gone live with a new integrated ERP system (Oracle Fusion) for Finance, Procurement and HR. This role provides the opportunity to embed and develop the new system, identifying further business process improvements and building the skills and capabilities of all users, within Finance and across HMLR. The role will also link into the cross-government Fusion community, sharing HMLR’s experience and learning from other government departments on the Fusion journey.
You will be leading around 15 finance staff, heading up both the Finance Systems Team and the AP / AR functions.
You will already be a fully qualified Accountant. You will have demonstrable experience of successfully working with major systems, preferably Oracle Fusion and Anaplan, and their application to meet Management Information requirements.
We also offer:
- An employee recognition scheme;
- Long-service awards;
- Maternity and adoption leave of up to 26 weeks’ full pay, followed by 13 weeks’ statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid;
- Paternity leave allowance of two weeks plus four days’ paid leave;
- Paid time off for public service duties, for example if you are an armed forces reservist;
- Paid volunteering leave;
- A social and sports club in every office;
- The opportunity to compete in national Civil Service competitions for a wide variety of sports;
- Access to our employee assistance programme for counselling and support on a wide range of issues;
- An interest-free loan for season tickets and / or bicycles and safety equipment; and
- Many other rewards including access to discounted healthcare, a Microsoft Home Use programme and shopping, leisure and finance discounts.
You may have experience of the following: Head of Financial Systems & Transactional Services, CCAB, Head of Financial Systems, Head of Transactional Services, Finance Manager, Finance Director, Head of Finance, Director of Finance, Accountant, Senior Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Corporate Accountant, Management Accountant, CCAB Accountant, Charity, Third Sector, NFP, etc.