Mailroom Operative .
Postworks is an award winning online franking company. We’re a start up in early stages so this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team that is pioneering game-changing technology and whose company mission is ‘to be a pleasure to do business with’.
We love our people and we show it!
Position: Mailroom Operator
Location: Moulton Park, Northampton
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 12pm - 6pm Monday to Friday (30 hours per week with opportunities for overtime and increasing to full-time hours after 3 months, 10am – 6pm)
Salary: £8.75 per hour rising to £10.00 per hour after 3 months
Benefits: 24 days holiday (pro rata) + free company provided lunch + employee share scheme + personal development budget + pension + great team and friendly working environment + bonus for meeting objectives + clear progression opportunities
About the role:
Are you epic and sometimes blinded by your own amazingness?
Your primary objective will be to fulfil outbound post everyday so we are looking for someone who enjoys working as part of a team and takes pride in their attention to detail. This role includes manual work and so a good level of physical fitness will be required.
- Dealing with enquiries via face to face, telephone and email contacts.
- Liaising with all couriers.
- Logging and tracking all parcels and deliveries.
- Carrying boxes, copier paper and other items that may be required.
- Restocking stationary supplies for clients.
- Storing and retrieving information.
- Placing orders and monitoring delivery dates.
- Helping with ad hoc requests from the Operations Manager.
- Refilling paper and envelopes.
- Operating production printers and folder inserter machines.
- General housekeeping - keeping the work area clean and tidy.
- Light maintenance on the equipment.
- Stock management.
- Following the company's information security policies.
- Previous experience within a postal environment would be beneficial.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of health & safety.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential items of mail in accordance with the code of conduct.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be proactive in problem solving.
- Ability to follow processes.
Due to the nature of this job, the successful candidate will be subject to a background and DBS check.
You may have experience of the following: Mailroom Operative, Customer Service, Mail Room, Post Room Assistant, Mailroom Clerk, Administrator, Post Room Operative, Administration, Mailroom Assistant, Customer Services, Mailroom Administrator, etc.