Caseworker (Prisoner Resettlement) .
Pact (Prison Advice & Care Trust) is a National charity which support people affected by imprisonment. They work in prisons and communities across England and Wales to provide practical support to prisoners' children and families, and to prisoners themselves.
Position: Resettlement Keyworker
Location: London central office with extensive travel to prisons, CRC offices and other locations across the region as required.
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Benefits: Generous annual leave entitlement, cycle to work scheme, free confidential advice and counselling service, plus more.
Closing date: 16th June 2019
Interview date: 25th June 2019
About the role:
Pact has piloted a project to provide prisoners who are on Release on Temporary Licence (RoTL) with voluntary work placements in our London Central Office.
This project will now be expanded to enable Pact to continue to provide workplace training and experience through voluntary work placements and offer additional support for individual prisoner volunteers as they prepare for release and resettlement from prison via a dedicated Resettlement Keyworker. The support may include help to access housing and benefits, strengthening family relationships and working towards paid employment.
- Identify and define suitable placement opportunities with department managers, including support to write role profiles and work plans
- Recruit suitable individuals for the placements, including conducting risk assessments
- Support line managers with the induction of prisoner volunteers
- Support with training line managers to equip them to manage and support their volunteer placements
- Identify suitable training and coaching opportunities for prisoner volunteers such as IT skills, CV development and interview preparation, health and safety etc
- Work with each prisoner volunteer to co-create concise, achievable action plans
- Provide one to one and group support to the prisoner volunteers
- Assist in the implementation of each volunteer’s resettlement plan, including on release
- Passionate about supporting people seeking to make positive changes in their lives
- Experience of case management, including supporting individuals with multiple and complex needs to overcome barriers
- Knowledge of the Criminal Justice system
- Experience of multi-agency working
- Experience and knowledge of safeguarding, professional boundaries and health and safety
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of training or coaching, in group and one to one situations desirable
- Access to a car is desirable for supporting volunteers resettling into the community outside of London
You may have experience of the following: Resettlement Keyworker, Resettlement Worker, Keyworker, Caseworker, Senior Support Worker, Family Support, Family Resettlement, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Service Delivery, Senior Case Worker, NFP, Not for Profit, Community Development, Resettlement Case Worker, etc.