Quality Assurance Shift Leader (Sugar Testing) .
The National Farmers’ Union is looking for a motivated individual to join our seasonal staff, based at the British Sugar testing laboratory at Wissington factory site.
Position: Quality Assurance Shift Leader (Sugar Testing)
Location: Wissington, PE33 9QG
Job type: Full Time, Fixed term contract September 2019 – March 2020
Hours: rotational shift basis following a pattern of weekdays 19.00 to 07.00 and weekends 21.00 to 07.00.
Salary: £175 per shift
Closing date: 16th June 2019
About the role:
This critical role involves monitoring the sugar testing activities of British Sugar on behalf of the NFU and the sugar beet growers to ensure compliance with agreed sampling procedures in the Tarehouse and laboratory are maintained at all times. You will be responsible for the performance of a team of Quality Assurance Inspectors.
The ideal candidate will be, together with plenty of initiative, to ensure standards are maintained.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Friendly and confident with a great eye for detail.
- Ability to follow rules and procedures and not be afraid to challenge non-conformances when they arise.
- Strong communication skills and able to engage effectively with people across all levels together with tact and discretion.
- Computer skills and able to input data accurately.
- Organised and methodical with attention to detail.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Able to work unsupervised and on your own initiative.
- Previous experience of quality control would be beneficial but full training will be provided.
A friendly team environment with lots of support and training.
Due to the shift pattern and location you must have your own transport.
The NFU is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
You may have experience of the following: QA Technician, Food Technologist, Quality Assurance, Food Manufacturing, Food Production, Quality Controller, QA Inspector, Farming, Agriculture, etc.