Database Coordinator .
Positive Solutions specialises in technology and services that deliver greater business efficiency and performance to community pharmacies across the UK. We provide pharmacy management tools and effective business solutions whilst ensuring patient safety and compliance.
Position: Database Coordinator
Location: Euxton, nr Chorley, Lancashire (commutable from Preston, Wigan, Blackburn and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Benefits: pension and 28 days holidays (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 33 days over 5 years
About the role:
An enthusiastic, proactive person is required to join the Data Management Team for a leading independent retail / pharmacy IT systems provider. The role requires updating and maintaining pharmacy product data and performing regular audits to ensure a high level of quality. The ideal candidate would have a good knowledge of pharmacy data terminology / reference material and experience within a pharmacy related environment or experience as a Pharmacy Technician. In addition accuracy, concentration, attention to detail and organisational abilities are essential. Some knowledge of computer systems would be preferable but full training will be given and this may suit a candidate who is interested in IT Development.
- Analysing and ensuring data remains consistent.
- Performing audits.
- Ensuring database integrity and security, following SOPs processes and guidelines.
- Test new functions of the database and provide feedback.
- Deliver updates as agreed in customer contracts.
- Deliver data development to agreed timescales.
- To adhere to all Operating Procedures and Work Instructions in compliance to BS EN ISO 9001:2008 and ISO27001:2013.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in pharmaceutical fields.
- Scottish / National Vocational Qualification (S / NVQ) 2 or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of pharmacy practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of source material, Drug Tariff, BNF etc.
- Excellent attention to detail, including focused concentration.
- Must be a team player, able to work flexibly.
- Good knowledge of IT, with pharmacy system knowledge an advantage.
You may have experience of the following: Database Coordinator, Database Officer, Database Analyst, Database Assistant, Data Assistant, Administrator, Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy Assistant, Pharmacist, Pharmaceutical Technician, etc.