Head of Operations (Automotive) .
You may remember Unipart as the company that revolutionised the automotive parts industry in the 1970s. Unipart is different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company that employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Position: Head of Operations - Automotive
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, CV3
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £51,000 per annum
About the role:
You will ensure that operational performance meets business targets and clients’ expectations in all respects and that a robust plan is in place to driver operational improvements and cost down initiatives based on the principals of the Unipart Way.
- Accountable for setting operational objectives in accordance with business plan and targets
- Ensure operational improvement plan is in place focused on the principals of the Unipart Way
- Responsible for compliance with health and safety regulations and environmental and quality standards
- Responsible for the care and security of products across the warehouse
- Overall accountability for operational performance to Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
- Monitoring performance through operational reviews and audits
- Overall accountability for compliance with legal and ethical people management practice
- Responsible for effective two way communication processes with teams and managers
- Respond to escalations and deal with effectively
- Ensure that resource skills and levels are consistent with medium and long term business plans
- Ultimate responsibility for employee relations success
Ideally you will be a graduate or of graduate calibre who has extensive experience in the logistics field – including key management experiences such as line management, health and safety, continuous improvement, etc.
Experience having operated at a Logistics Manager / Head of Operations level is essential. If your experience has been gained within the automotive and global market delivery this would be beneficial.
You may have experience of the following: Operations Manager, Head of Operations, Director of Operations, Business Manager, Commercial Manager, Operations Director, Project Manager, Programme Manager, etc.