Fire Engineer .
Do you want to work for a company that wants a world where people have the freedom to live life to the full, in a place of their choice? Then Tunstall is for you!
Tunstall was the first to develop alarm systems for older people and has continued to lead the market ever since. With a team of almost 3,000 employees operating in 17 countries across the world, Tunstall works with health professionals and social care providers daily, to provide support to help manage long term health conditions and provide person-centred care.
Tunstall has pioneered the use of technology to enable independent living, supporting more than five million people and their families across the world. Through our regional response centres this enables us to develop digital solutions that enhance independent living and improve efficiencies in clinical care.
Position: Fire Engineer (South West)
Location: Bournemouth / Weymouth
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday with some On-Call requirements
Salary: £27,000 to £36,000 dependent on experience
Benefits: Company vehicle, Fuel card, Overtime opportunities, Company phone, Uniform, Tools, Up to 9% combined pension contribution, 25 days holidays + bank holidays, Free eye tests, Cycle to work scheme
About the role:
The Fire Engineer will provide a high level of technical expertise and the highest quality of commissioning, repair and maintenance service of fire detection systems and of company and third-party products. Your role will play a significant part in providing an efficient service 24/7, and 365 days per year to customers.
The sites you will typically work on will cover residential homes for the elderly and supported living accommodation. Therefore it is fundamental you put the customer needs first through demonstrating exceptional customer service at all times in a sensitive and positive manner.
- Repair and maintain existing equipment and systems across the range of fire, company and 3rd party products
- Commission new installations prior to their hand over, ensuring maximum customer satisfaction and undertake minor installation work as and when required
- Continually meet or exceed performance targets as set by Customer Service in the areas of productivity, quality of workmanship, first fix rate, stock control and attendance at work
- Demonstrate a comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of the fire, company's core and 3rd party products both in their repair and functionality
- Perform preventative maintenance checks, to also ensure that potentially disruptive issues are pro-actively averted. With all visits where possible adhering to the relevant British Standard
- Ensure paperwork is clear, concise and on time
- Endeavour to create new business and sustain existing business
- Be part of a standby rota to support fire products outside rostered working hours
- Assisting with installation related activities such as site visits / commissioning / surveying etc.
- Mentor, coach and support Warden call Technicians & Engineers on Fire Detection systems
- Ideally qualified to an NVQ level or higher or equivalent level in a technical discipline (specifically Electrical or Electronic Engineering)
- Ideally qualified to BS7671, Part P in electrical installation and the relevant FIA training units
- Significant Knowledge and experience of Fire Alarm System installation, commissioning, maintenance & repair
- Significant Knowledge of the relevant British standards regarding Fire Alarm systems, currently BS5839
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective communicator
- Strong knowledge of Health & Safety issues
- Strong time management & organisational skills
- Flexible approach to working that may require you to work in other areas
You may have experience of the following: Fire Engineer, FIA, BAFE, Health and Safety, Fire Alarm Engineer, BS7671, Fault Diagnosis, Electrical Engineering, Repairs, Maintenance, Field Service Engineer, Fire Detection Systems, BS5839, Electrical Engineer, Fire Service Engineer etc.