Estates Co-ordinator (Maternity Cover) .
We are looking for an Estates Coordinator with a can-do attitude and excellent organisational and administrative skills. Is this you?
Position: Estates Co-ordinator
Location: Manchester, M2 2EE (With national travel)
Job type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract, Maternity Cover
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Who are we?
Access Creative College is the leading ‘creative college’ and offers study programmes across a range of creative subject areas including – Music Performance, Music Technology, Events management, Artist Development, Creative Media, Games Design and VFX together with a progression route to Higher Education programmes. We also support a large network of subcontractors offering a varied curriculum in subjects such as Performing Arts, Sports Coaching, Music Technology, A-Levels and Traineeships.
Our premises portfolio includes Creative Industries delivery centres in London (Shoreditch), Birmingham, Manchester, Lincoln, Norwich, York and Bristol. Co-located sports coaching venues and facilities together with administrative and client facing offices. The business enjoys a strong financial position and continues to provide significant investment in our estate, providing an environment that mirrors industry; giving students real-life situations; and the opportunity to learn in state of the art facilities
What is the role?
Access Creative College are looking for a highly organised, enthusiastic Estates Co-ordinator to provide an efficient facilities and health & safety administration service across 3 businesses. Your role will consist of supporting the Head of Estates in ensuring that all sites are maintaining company standards, complying with legislative requirements and meeting business performance targets, in relation to Estates/ Facilities management and Health and Safety.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the estates inspection process, action plan and the Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) / compliance diary system.
- Coordinate the service contracts schedule, ensuring that services are maintained to the required standards
- Liaise with Resource Managers and Contractors to schedule works and service visits in line with the diary system and college timetabling restrictions.
- Assist with the management of premises maintenance and contractors to ensure good working practices are maintained and works are carried out to a high standard
- Develop and maintain effective record keeping systems and electronic filing system and maintain filing systems for a variety of documents
- Provide general administrative support to the Estates Department.
- Provide estates and safety related help desk support to colleagues.
- Carry out appropriate regular safety inspections and checks on site
- Collate and analyse data and produce reports (accident and safety statistics, site KPIs, cost / budget reports etc.)
- Respond to a range of enquires both internally and externally by phone e-mail or letter, including responding to routine correspondence as appropriate.
- Provide support to members of the Estates team together with liaising with centres and staff on estates/health and safety issues.
- Update and manage the Estates shared drive, schedules, diary systems, contractor registers and other systems as required.
- Process departmental invoices, including checking, logging and arranging payment, against budgets and agreements/contracts for works and services.
- Assist with the management of head office services including as appropriate health and safety actions, stationery ordering and distribution, room booking, reception, travel and accommodation bookings and telephony services etc.
- Participate in appropriate cover rota’s to support relevant business activities including premises opening and closing, reception as required.
- To work flexibly and professionally in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures including equality and diversity, safeguarding and health and safety policies.
- To undertake, support and promote appropriate continuing professional development and training.
- GCSE grade C or above or equivalent in Maths and English
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
- Experience of a similar Estates, premises or facilities position
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to organise and prioritise work effectively
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain and develop administrative systems, databases and spreadsheets
- Ability to collate, analyse and present data, information and statistics
- Ability to work to deadlines
You may have experience of the following: Facilities Manager, Deputy Estates Manager, Estates Manager, Buildings Manager, Customer Service, Project Manager, Estates Management, Property Manager, Property Management, Reactive Maintenance, Facilities Maintenance, Facilities Management, IOSH, etc.
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Access Creative College is committed to promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and People with Disabilities and Women.