PR Officer .
The National Pharmacy Association (NPA) is the UK-wide association for the owners of independent community pharmacies.
Governed by an elected Board of Management who are also all owners of independent pharmacies, the NPA is committed to represent, support and protect our members.
Position: PR Officer
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 per annum
Closing date: 14th June 2019
About the role:
The PR Officer will promote public awareness of the value of independent community pharmacies, build and protect the reputation of the NPA and provide communications advice to colleagues across the organisation
- Create, manage, co-ordinate, and deliver communications materials and activities that build the profile of the NPA and its brand identity
- Develop and deliver the NPA’s programme of media activity to build and protect the reputation of the NPA and its members. This includes broadcast media and forms part of the NPA’s communication strategy
- Develop and deliver an NPA media relations plan, in order to increase the level of correspondence with journalists and the quality of relationships
- Deliver a cost-effective public awareness programme for community pharmacy, in order to achieve changes to consumer behaviour that benefit independent pharmacies
- Produce campaign related documents and organise media events, as the focal point of campaign launches
- Provide cover for the NPA’s Editor & Media Officer to ensure the delivery of print products including the NPA Member Magazine takes place in accordance with the business plan
- Support the delivery of the social media plans to ensure that the NPA’s communications objectives are achieved
- Be responsible for out of hours media cover, to enable rapid response to media opportunities, including broadcast
- Write compelling copy for use in print publications and other channels
- On occasions, the post holder may be required to work additional hours in excess of their normal hours of work or to travel, travel may include overnight stays
- Graduate calibre preferably holding or working towards a qualification in communications management
- Experience of working in PR role, ideally in healthcare environment
- Experience of running PR / public awareness campaigns, preferably in a healthcare environment
- Experience of working with local and national broadcast media, in a PR or journalistic capacity
- Experience in producing print publications
- Expert communications skills, written, oral and listening, confident in dealing with journalists and other stakeholders
- Strong planning and organisational skills, in order to deliver awareness campaigns from end-to-end and for self-management
- Excellent and demonstrable relationship & stakeholder management skills
- Good level of computer literacy across all Microsoft office packages (including internet search skills and Microsoft Excel)
You may have experience of the following: PR Officer, Public Relations Officer, Press Officer, PR Assistant, Public Relations Assistant, PR Executive, Public Relations Executive, Media Officer, Media Assistant, Media Executive, Marketing and Communications Officer, Marcomms, Marketing Officer, Marketing Executive, Charity, Third Sector, NFP, etc.