Finance Assistant .
Would you like a meaningful job that makes a difference, with flexibility and real potential for growth?
The Salvation Army Housing Association (SAHA) is an organisation that provides a range of housing and varied support services to vulnerable people. Our aim is to support people in achieving their full potential. We are currently going through a large period of growth and have vacancy for a finance officer.
Position: Finance Officer - Operations
Location: London, Head Office
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £22,525 to £30,475 per annum
Benefits: 26 days’ annual holiday rising a day a year for the first 5 years + bank holidays, Life Assurance, Pension scheme and an Employee Health Assistance Programme. Professional development opportunities and flexible working arrangements. This will be pro-rated based on the term of the contract.
Closing date: 14th June 2019
Interview dates: W.c 24th June 2019
About the role:
You will support all financial activities undertaken by the Finance department ensuring that a comprehensive service is provided to both internal and external customers. You will also prepare and input of posting documents from source documentation within set deadlines.
Sufficient flexibility to accommodate any other broadly related duties that may be allocated from time to time or in response to internal / external changes.
- Ability to interpret financial documents and data for posting and reconciliation
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of staff
- Ability to produce and present information clearly
- Numerate and data rational
- Computer literacy - Computer literate and intermediate level Excel
- Flexibility with working hours
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail
Knowledge and experience:
- Qualifications: GCSE’s or O Levels
- Conversant with financial systems and controls
- 2 Years previous experience of working in a finance environment and reporting aspect
- MS Office software including Word and PowerPoint; Intermediate Excel
A Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Certificate will be required for these roles.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, our client welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
The Salvation Army Housing Association (SAHA) is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
You may have experience of the following: Finance Officer Operations, Finance Officer, Finance Assistant, Finance Administrator, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Finance Manager, Charity, Third Sector, NFP, etc.