Recruiter / Placement Officer (Creative) .
Access Creative College is the largest national provider of creative industries education in the “Post 16” sector.
We pride ourselves on offering our learners a wide range of quality work experience opportunities, available at a local and national level. We pride ourselves on offering our learners hands-on, industry experience both in and out of the classroom. As part of this, we aim to provide industry placements and a range of work-related support interventions. Work-related support interventions are a key requirement and would include, but are not limited to employability coaching, preparation for work, vacancy matching, mentoring and in work support. Our Creative Industries Placement Team will be working closely with local employers to identify relevant industry placement opportunities and match these to our learners.
Position: Creative Industries Placement Officer
Location: Shoreditch, London N1 6LP
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £22,000 per annum FTE plus £3,000 OTE
About the role:
The Creative Industries Placement Officer will engage with and contact local and national creative employers to identify placement opportunities, within the music, games, media and events sectors. Acting as a key link between the employer, the learner and centre teams will ensure opportunities are matched to learner aspirations and passion. Developing an effective and proactive approach to placement sourcing the EEC will act as an ‘ambassador’, ensuring positive and productive relationships are established to maximise opportunities for our learners.
- Network, secure and manage effective relationships with potential employers, placement providers and learners.
- Ensure that the process for matching learners to placements is effective and in line with the needs of both parties involved.
- Ensure all activities are logged onto appropriate databases in a timely fashion, in line with contractual requirements.
- Ensure the effective delivery and facilitation of interview and job preparation techniques, including expected behaviour at work training takes place with all learners in line with the employers stipulated requirements.
- Promote the full employer offer, including placements, work experience, workforce skill development and the opportunity to inform future curriculum to provide for their workforce needs.
- Effectively marketing the exciting opportunities provided, both internally and externally, across a number of channels, including social media and our student magazine.
- Work in partnership with internal centre teams and national central services to ensure timely and effective performance and delivery against targets, as well as the sharing of best practice.
- Carry out due diligence and risk assessment checks on employer premises prior to placements commencing, including potential safeguarding issues.
- Carry out in work / placement support reviews with learners and employers, including mid-point and exit reviews, ensuring that issues and concerns are addressed and rectified to enable successful outcomes.
- Ensure completion of attendance paperwork, learner logs etc. as required by the ESFA and DfE. Contribute to / provide progress reporting required by the ESFA and DfE.
- Liaise with local FE providers to maximise the available opportunities and streamline an offer to local employers.
- Have experience in an Employer Engagement or Recruitment role.
- Have experience of securing employment or industry placement opportunities.
- Have a strong B2B sales background with proven success.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively manage and maximise placement opportunities with new and existing employers.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with a wide variety of people: learners, colleagues, external partners, employers and agencies.
- Good knowledge of ICT systems.
- Literacy and numeracy qualifications at level 2.
- Understanding of the employment market and the needs of employers.
- Hold a current driving licence with access to own transport.
- Willingness to travel and work flexibly across a defined region. Owing to the nature of the work, to work outside the normal contractual hours of the post for which time off in lieu will be granted.
- Track record of successful partnership working.
- Creative industries knowledge / experience.
- Knowledge of the Post 16 Further Education Sector.
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Access Creative College is committed to promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and People with Disabilities and Women.
You may have experience of the following: Creative Industries Placement Officer, Placement Officer, Placement Consultant, Employer Engagement, Recruitment, Recruitment Consultant, Recruiter, Internal Recruiter, In House Recruiter, Business Development, B2B, Placement Opportunities, Education Sector, Sales Consultant, Account Manager, Young People, Employability, Careers Advisor, Employment Advisor, etc.