AV Technician / Business Services Assistant .
The ABI is the voice of the UK’s world leading insurance and long-term savings industry. A productive, inclusive and thriving sector, we are an industry that provides peace of mind to households and businesses across the UK and powers the growth of local and regional economies by enabling trade, risk taking, investment and innovation. The UK insurance industry is the largest in Europe and the fourth largest in the world.
Position: Business Services Assistant
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm with one hour for lunch
About the role:
We’re looking for a Business Services Assistant to join our friendly Business Services team. You’ll support and assist the Business Services team in delivering a high-quality facilities management operation, with a focus on AV and events support.
With a passion for delivering excellent customer service, you’ll be the person to help colleagues with the effective use of specialist IT and AV equipment in meeting rooms. You’ll also be the key point of contact for the Events team to ensure all their Business Services needs are met.
- Key point of contact to support ABI staff with the effective use of specialist IT and AV equipment in meeting rooms in conjunction with other members of the Business Services team
- Key point of contact for the Events team to ensure all their Business Services needs are met, including the provision of appropriate AV and events set up and support on the day
- Managing the meeting room booking process, monitoring the calendar and planning ahead to ensure the busy schedule runs smoothly
- Supporting the process for the provision of rooms and equipment for conferences, meetings and room bookings for external customers
- Supporting the Business Services Advisers in monitoring the busy calendar of events.
- Working with your team to participate in meeting room set up and breakdown activities
- Ensuring jobs logged through the IT ticket portal are carried out promptly in conjunction with the wider Business Services team
- Accurately maintaining and updating the cascade information held within the Business Continuity Plans
- Supporting the Assistant Director, Head of Business & IT Services to maintain contracts with third parties, ensuring they work to agreed SLAs
- Maintaining the asset register and mobile phone portal
- Coordinating the provision of lockers to colleagues
- Providing cover for the ABI reception as required
You’ll need to be well-versed in providing AV and IT support to non-technical colleagues. At present, the kinds of systems you can expect are: TVs, Polycom (Via), Clickshare / HMDI, Videoconferencing, Skype for Business.
A facilities background would be helpful, but more important is prior experience working in a support function. You’ll need to be a proactive problem solver and able to juggle multiple tasks and priorities. Crucially, you’ll work collaboratively and committed to providing excellent customer service.
You may have experience of the following: Business Services Assistant, AV Technician, AV Assistant, Facilities Assistant, Administrator, Admin Assistant, Receptionist, Office Assistant, Office Administrator, IT Support, Technical Support, Conference Assistant, Conference Executive, Conference Coordinator, Events Assistant, Events Executive, Events Coordinator, etc.