Warehouse Operative .
From Henry Barrett starting the business in 1866, Barrett Steel has provided over 150 years of a hands-on customer service approach, a mindset that sets us apart from our competitors. A leading steel stockholding business, Barrett Steel has 43 companies within the group employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet.
We strive to develop long-term partnerships. We are progressive, solution focused and work with our customers to help them realise their project’s full potential. We provide a vital link in the supply chain from producer to customer.
Position: Warehouse Operatives / Sawman
Location: Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Rotating shifts, 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm & 10pm to 6am
Benefits: 21 days holidays, Pension, bonus potential.
About the role:
We are recruiting for exciting new opportunities in our Warehouse! If you are looking for a new challenge, in a progressive expanding business then we want to hear from you! The purpose of this role is to ensure customers’ orders are fulfilled to the highest standards working to deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Pick computer generated orders with repetitive handling / lifting of heavy and large item
- Ensure all documentation is correctly actioned for accuracy of stock
- Transferring stock to its location using a Forklift trucks and cranes
- Assisting in the overall production and dispatch of customers’ orders
- Maintain regular contact and ensure any issues are communicated
- Operate machinery (only when trained to do so)
- Experienced Warehouse Operative ideally with Saw experience
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work to meet operational requirements
- Ideally you will be able to use mobile equipment (FLT, overhead crane)
- Able to read written instructions & record accurately work carried out.
- Experience in the steel industry preferred but not essential as relevant training will be provided
- Clean driving licence for vehicle shunting on site is required
How it feels to work for us:
We provide a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation that is respected as the UK’s leading independent steel stockholder. Our people are the driving force behind Barrett Steel and we seek individuals who are passionate, hard-working, ambitious and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude to help us build and develop the business. Barrett Steel encourages innovative thinking and has an open door for people to lead and influence change.
You may have experience of the following: Warehouse Operative, Sawman, Warehouse Assistant, Order Picker, Goods In Operative, Goods Out Operative, Picker, Packer, Distribution Centre Assistant, Distribution Centre Operative, etc.