Computer Vision Researcher .
Fuel3D develops innovative 3D scanning solutions for leading global brands and pioneering organisations. Our technology is re-defining solutions and inspiring better experiences across a wide range of industry sectors from medical research to security and retail. Born out of Oxford University, Fuel3D has offices in Oxford, UK and Greenville in North America.
Position: Computer Vision Researcher
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: Share options; Flexible working; 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (and holiday trading); Pension (matched up to 5%); Health cash plan; Employee assistance programme; Brand new state of the art offices at the Oxford Science Park; Large chill out area - we call it the Common Room.
About the role:
This is a great opportunity to work with a growing team of highly skilled and innovative researchers to develop leading edge and novel 3D scanning technology.
You’ll work closely with Computer Vision Engineers and the Software Development Team to create world class systems and applications, research, create and develop new Computer Vision algorithms and features and help innovate and drive the development of our 3D scanning enabling technology.
You should love the idea of the whole company working closely together to hit shared goals. From transforming the outcome of breakthrough brain surgery right down to foot scanning technology and everything in between, we are changing the face of 3D capture by working with our customers to deliver the finest resolution and fastest capture times available today.
A solid foundation in Computer Vision in one or more of the following areas:
- 3D reconstruction techniques (Active and Passive) e.g. Photometric stereo, Multiview Stereo, Pattern Projection
- 3D Data Registration, Point Cloud Alignment and Stitching
- Multi camera system calibration
- Machine Learning techniques including deep learning methodologies for object detection or reconstruction
- 2D / 3D feature detection
- Video processing / tracking
- Solid programming skills (C / C++, Python and / or Matlab)
- Strong mathematical background and understanding
- High performance computer vision system implementation e.g. GPGPU, OpenCL
- Experience with Git, continuous integration and Agile development workflows
- Practical experience of 3D graphics programming with OpenGL, ES and packages such as Cloud Compare or MeshLab
No agencies please.
You may have experience of the following: Computer Vision Researcher, Computer Vision Engineer, Computer Vision Scientist, Computer Vision Research Scientist, Data Scientist, Research Engineer, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Programmer, 3D Scanning Technology, etc.