Administrator and Receptionist
We are looking for an administrator who has a passion for all things creative. Is this you?
Position: Administrator and Receptionist
Location: Access Creative College Shoreditch, 50 Hoxton St, Shoreditch, London N1 6LP
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £18,346 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Who are we?
Access Creative College is more than just a college; we are a hub for young creative entrepreneurs who are shaping the future of the creative industries.
Now in our 25th academic year and serving more than 2000 learners across our seven UK based Centres over Levels 1-5, Access Creative College has a well-established reputation for music courses. We’ve been part of Ed Sheeran, Rita Ora and JP Cooper’s journey to stardom. For the past two years, we have been striving to provide that same well-respected education to a new generation of gamers, photographers, event and media lovers.
What is the role?
Access Creative College are looking for an enthusiastic Administrator, to join our dynamic and tight-knit team at our Shoreditch campus at the heart of London’s vibrant and exciting community full of art and design studios, venues, galleries and music publishers. We believe that our front-of-house team is the most vital area of our college. It’s the first thing that our guests see when visiting us and the first point of contact for all of our people.
• Provide an efficient and helpful service dealing with incoming telephone calls and queries for staff, learners, parents and suppliers / external agencies.
• Respond to a range of enquires both internally and externally by phone e-mail or letter, including responding to routine correspondence as appropriate.
• Support the Centre team by providing a range of administrative and general office duties to ensure the smooth running of the front of house reception function.
• Undertake key holding responsibilities by opening and closing the centre when required, according to operational procedures.
• Manage and facilitate meeting room bookings, ensuring that hospitality, ICT resources and room set-up is provided in accordance with booking instructions.
• Provide a timely and efficient central booking service for travel and accommodation requests for staff using a network of preferred suppliers, including hotel bookings, train tickets and other travel arrangements for staff across the business as required.
• Ensure the maintenance of appropriate access controls to centre and office facilities, including verification of identity and signing in procedures.
• Work with managers and staff to effectively implement and administer all health and safety systems, procedures and policies, including the operation and maintenance of emergency and security systems, fire drills, and emergency aid.
• Maintain details of invigilators for examinations held on the premises, including details of schedules, dates of examinations and assessments. You will also assist with the setting up of exams, signage displayed, room setup, desk and chair spacing and provision of appropriate clocks for the exam rooms in support of other centre staff.
Who are we looking for?
• We want someone who takes making people feel welcome very seriously. Whether it’s a stranger asking for directions, a student coming in for class, or our Directors visiting the college – we want everyone to leave us with a smile on their face having had a fantastic experience at Access Creative College.
• As well as being a bit of a star and a great team player, we need you to be exceptionally presented, super sociable, organised and use your initiative. It gets pretty busy front of house so you will be a master multitasker – all whilst making it look effortless.
• Ideally, you would have held a front of house or receptionist position within a similar, fast-paced organisation and most importantly, have a clear understanding of what excellent client service means.
• You will enjoy going above and beyond on a daily basis and be keen to come up with innovative ideas to improve the front of house function at the college.
Apply now if you have the following:
• GCSE grade C or above or equivalent in Maths and English
• Experience working as part of a busy reception
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels within the company and with external guests
• Enthusiastic, hard-working, honest, reliable and willing to go the extra mile
• An amazing multi-tasker, by working to multiple deadlines whilst paying a lot of attention to detail
• Well presented with a friendly, professional and helpful approach
• Professional, team player and have a can-do attitude
• Excellent telephone skills
• Must be computer literate and have knowledge of Microsoft Office apps
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Access Creative College is committed to promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and People with Disabilities and Women.
You may have experience of the following: Receptionist, Administrator, Admin Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Office Administrator, Office Assistant, Front of House Assistant, Customer Service, etc.