Internal Technical Sales Executive .
Having just celebrated our 40th birthday, Routeco is looking towards a bright future as a growing part of Sonepar, an independent family-owned company with global market leadership (44,500 people, an annual turnover of 21.6 billion euros) in B-to-B distribution of electrical products, solutions and related services.
Position: Internal Technical Sales
Location: Dartford, Kent (Commutable from Grays, Dagenham, Bromley, Rochester & surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £18,000 to £25,000 depending on skills and experience, plus bonus
Benefits: Group Life Assurance (1x annual salary), 25 days annual leave (increasing with length of service), Westfield Health Cash Plan (level 1, employee only),Pension Scheme (5% employee contributions, 5% employer contributions),Other flexible benefit options such as upgrades will be available for selection on an annual basis
About the role:
Routeco is looking for an energetic, conscientious person who interacts well with other people to join our Dartford Internal Sales team.
You’ll be joining a dynamic nationwide sales network of 250 people at one of the UK's leading distributors of industrial automation and control products.
Working in the Sales Team at Routeco means working closely with our customers face to face, on the phone and via email, and maximising sales opportunities. So, we are looking for someone with initiative, determination and self-motivation who enjoys dealing with people to resolve their issues identified during the sales process and understands the nature of working within a team.
- Promote and advise on compatible products and services whilst maintaining high levels of customer service.
- Ensure customers are fully informed and are updated on availability of product, pricing and appropriate discounts and delivery timelines.
- Where lead times do not match customer requirements investigate alternative parts to meet customer demands.
- Knowledge of all Franchise suppliers.
- Entrepreneurial sourcing of non-franchise products.
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements, promoting and advising on additional associated products on incoming sales enquiries.
- Demonstrate sufficient commercial awareness to negotiate prices, depending on the customer status, ownership and type of product; thereby maximising the margin achieved on the transaction.
- Create and maintain relationships so you need to enjoy dealing with people and be confident that you can make a good impression.
- GSCEs (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
- Ideally you will be qualified to at least ONC level in electrical engineering.
- Methodical and precise in their approach.
- Customer support and servicing skills will be a critical factor of the role.
- It is important to have good working knowledge of Microsoft office and data entry systems.
- Experience within an electrical engineering role, or a background in electrical distribution would be an advantage.
- The role holder will have the ability to provide practical solutions, solve problems and look for continuous improvements for both the customer and the company.
You may have experience of the following: Technical Sales Advisor, Internal Technical Sales, Internal Technical Sales Executive, Sales Advisor, Sales Support, Customer Service, Customer Care, Sales Administrator, Product Sales Advisor, Electrical Engineering, etc.