Housing & Support Deputy Manager .
Transform Housing & Support is a charity and housing provider. They provide housing and support to more than 1,000 homeless and vulnerable people each year, helping them to develop the skills and confidence to live independently.
Position: Housing & Support Deputy Manager
Location: Egham, TW20
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 39 hours per week
Salary: £26,500 per annum
About the role:
The main purpose of this role is to support the Housing & Support Manager, deputising in their absence, to manage the team ensuring they receive appropriate support, training and development. To ensure the team provides high-quality Housing & Support Services and to empower named clients by providing holistic one to one support, while reflecting Transform’s values in everything you do.
Responsibility covers a team of 3 full-time staff, 1 part time member of staff and 1 Resident Volunteer, plus 72 clients in 13 properties across the borough of Runnymede. The post is based in the office in Egham at Manor Farm, there is also a small office at both Ashwood Road in Englefield Green and at Holloway house in Egham.
The client group within the Runnymede scheme varies but includes:
- Single vulnerable people with support needs.
- Young people, some leaving care.
- People with severe and enduring mental health needs.
- Under 35’s in shared accommodation.
- A 3 bedroom house rented to a family under affordable rent.
The Deputy will have some supervisory responsibility for the 4 shared houses within the scheme with supervisory responsibility for the Residential Volunteer.
The Deputy will be expected to carry a caseload of clients as well as having some staff management duties and additional administration responsibilities along with keeping a positive relationship with key partners in local authorities, housing partners, referring agencies and mental health and social services. The role will require substantial reserves of energy and enthusiasm in addition to the formal requirements.
- An understanding of team dynamics.
- An understanding of the supervisory / appraisal process.
- An understanding of how to promote supportive and effective teamwork and be committed to team working.
- The confidence and ability to offer advice and oversee other staff.
- An understanding of shared housing and dynamics.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of support work with at least two of the client groups likely to be encountered.
- Experience of housing issues.
- The desire and drive to make a real difference.
- A full valid driving licence and your own car.
- The ability to participate on the front line on call rota.
Enhanced DBS clearance will also be required.
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Housing, Vulnerable People, Charities, Social Worker, Community Development, Volunteer, Housing Support Worker, Challenging Behaviour, Third Sector, Residential Care Worker, Charity, Voluntary Sector, etc.