Finance Manager (Accounts Receivable) .
AutoProtect is a growing business looking for people to grow the business and push it forward!
AutoProtect provide mechanical breakdown warranties and other insurance products to vehicle owners across the UK, Europe and beyond. These are sold via vehicle retailers of all types and sizes and since 2004, leading manufacturers have awarded AutoProtect a variety of business and many of the leading dealer groups and over 3000 independent vehicle retailers have elected to carry products from our broad, flexible range.
Position: Accounts Receivable Manager
Location: Warwick House, Harlow, Essex
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
The Accounts Receivable Manager is a key role in interfacing with end customers, dealers and premium funding organisations to ensure the smooth registration of new agreements and ensuring that premiums are received and booked accordingly. The role reports to the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis and has 2 direct reports.
- Initiate, track and maintain all records / files associated with collection activities for each account assigned to include negotiated payment schedules, telephone call documentation and collection status
- Ensure company adherence to corporate credit policies and procedures for consistent handling of collection matters to maintain good customer relations
- Maintain accurate customer information in database according to company procedures
- Research and respond to accounts receivable inquiries in a prompt manner
- Create and maintain proper response letters for incoming correspondence
- Ensure new dealer set up files are complete and adequate credit checks performed
- Code and Post payments to the ledger
- Handle short payments and overpayments – advise customer and provide back-up to credit processor if an adjustment is required
- Manage 2 staff in accounts receivable team ensuring adequate staff development and complete annual reviews
- Process invoices and statements when needed
- Assist with audits when required
The successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills and will be able to adapt to situations and learn new tasks quickly. You will have good organisation and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Additionally, you will have proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word) and it is essential that you have competence in Maths and English. Prior accounts receivable and / or collections experience is preferred as is the use of accounting systems / sales ledger posting experience.
You may have experience of the following: Accounts Receivable Manager, AR Manager, Finance Manager, Qualified Accountant, Part Qualified Accountant, Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Accountant, Management Accountant, Corporate Accountant, Accounts Receivable Executive, Accounts Receivable Assistant, etc.