IT Senior Business Analyst .
We are one of the leading independent engineering and services businesses in the UK. Founded in 1921, with a turnover of £500m and 3000 employees, we are proud of our history of developing great people through our investment in training.
Working across a variety of sectors within the building and infrastructure industry, our innovative, responsible and forward thinking approach allows us to work on fantastic ground-breaking projects, providing solutions using the latest tools and technologies.
Progression is something we value and we’ll make sure that when you join us you have a clearly defined development path, supported by regular reviews, training and ongoing support to enable you to be the best you can be.
Position: ICT Senior Business Analyst
Location: Leeds, LS12
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Benefits: Company Car, 25 Days Holidays, Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance.
About the role:
We are currently recruiting for an experienced ICT Senior Business Analyst to be based in our offices in Leeds.
The Business Analyst (BA) acts as an intermediary between the business and IT, using a deep understanding of business processes and technology to help business partners achieve their desired outcomes.
This position will involve supporting the successful delivery of change, projects and programmes, through a detailed understanding of business requirements, documentation of business processes and solutions, supporting the testing and deployment of these solutions through to implementation.
- Support the development of an IT strategy that delivers company business goals within own area of responsibility, and assist in the implementation of the strategy
- Leads and facilitates the prioritisation of requirements with senior stakeholders ensuring all initiatives align to the company’s strategic goals
- Provides consultative support on business-led technology initiatives
- Elicits detailed business and technical requirements from across the business
- Develops business cases, requirement specifications and project initiation documents for changes or projects, including appraisal of costs and benefits
- Leads discussions for the evaluation of project and change opportunities, including the estimation of resource effort and cost, to enable the prioritisation of changes which deliver the greatest business value
- Support the execution of solution testing
- Works with business partners to elicit high and low level requirements, capturing the business’s needs, understanding the customer journey and defining the user requirements
- Acts as the link between the business and ICT to translate the needs of the business into tangible deliverables from a technical perspective
- Assess the risks of various solutions and prioritising business demands
- Map and re-engineer end-to-end processes and customer journeys
- Engages with business partners and influence project decisions
- Identifies unarticulated business needs and coordinates them between stakeholder groups to address them
- Manage expectations of various stakeholder groups using appropriate written and verbal communication, influencing and negotiation skills, including participation in Project Board meetings and production of reports to Programme management
- Co-ordinate activity with third-party suppliers and ensure that commercial and contractual implications are given due consideration. Co-ordinate financial checks and customer / product references as appropriate
- ITIL Foundation qualification
- ISEB in Business Analysis
- Significant experience as a Senior or Lead Business Analyst on large scale, complex change projects
- Significant experience of defining and mapping business processes and playing a leading role in the development of appropriate business architecture
- Significant experience in managing interdependencies across programmes within a complex portfolio of change
- Experience in delivering both traditional Waterfall and Agile / Lean methodologies
- Understanding of formal BA methodologies
- Experience in converting business requirements and functional requirements to use cases and user stories with acceptance criteria
- Experience in 3rd party supplier engagement
- Experience in working alongside both technical and business teams, including front and back office, HR and finance teams, systems and processes
- Mentored junior BAs on BA skills and analysis approach, including contractors
- Adherence to project governance frameworks
- Act as the SME for the designated BA governance processes and supporting documentation
- Association of Project Management APM / Prince 2 or a similar Project Management qualification
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Understanding of the latest and upcoming Business Analysis techniques and trends
- Previous experience working on complex IT projects
You may have experience of the following: ICT Senior Business Analyst, ICT Business Analyst, IT Senior Business Analyst, IT Business Analyst, Senior Business Analyst, Business Analyst, IT Manager, Infrastructure Manager, Network Manager, IT Project Manager, Technical Project Manager, IT Programme Manager, Technical Programme Manager, etc.