Health & Safety Advisor .
World class steel engineering & fabrication.
Around the world clients trust William Hare for the provision of superior steel framework solutions.
As a leading player in the steel industry, we consistently devise the most efficient steel frame solution for every client to create sustainable relationships. We demand and only use safe working practices, high quality products, innovative engineering and tested management procedures.
We recognise the importance of being adaptable to the needs of our clients. As a privately-owned company our independent status means we are not part of a group or holding company that could restrict our participation.
Position: SHE Advisor
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £45,000 per annum, plus car allowance of £6,500
About the role:
Answering directly to the H&S Manager this role will be focused initially in the Newport region with a longer-term responsibility for supporting construction sites in and around the south of England. There is a need for travel to other locations within the UK and nights away to cover the operational activities as appropriate.
- Provide professional advice and support in relation to Occupational Safety and Health and Environmental Management, for activities within William Hare (WHL)
- Support allocated operational structures in delivering QSHE excellence by ensuring a process approach is developed and maintained in line with the requirements of the WHL Management Systems whilst ensuring continuous improvement and business resilience across the areas they have responsibility for
- Ensure that a holistic approach is taken towards H&S matters including manufacturing and construction work activities through close liaison with the factory and construction teams
- Ensure that the requirements of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 are delivered throughout their area of responsibility and support the implementation of ISO 9001
- Ensure that incidents and near misses are effectively managed, reported, investigated and are made subject to root cause analysis in line with company procedures throughout their area of responsibility.
- NEBOSH General and / or NEBOSH Construction. Equivalent Health and Safety Qualification with a minimum of Grad IOSH membership
- Detailed knowledge and experience of CDM.
- Hold qualifications to a minimum of level 3 in Environment, preferably with AIEMA Membership
- Hold a recognised incident investigator qualification (Preferred)
- Hold a recognised internal auditor qualification
- Demonstrable experience of the maintenance of management systems to ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills including report writing
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office Applications, (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Have experience of Structural Steel activities both manufacturing and construction
- Be used to a peripatetic geographical role
- Be an effective team leader and line manager with the ability to work within a team
- Maintain their own competencies through CPD processes
You may have experience of the following: SHE Advisor, Health and Safety Advisor, H&S Officer, H&S Advisor, Health and Safety Advisor, NEBOSH, IOSH, Risk Assessment, Health & Safety Consultant, SHEQ Advisor, etc.