Solutions Design Manager (Logistics) .
You may remember Unipart as the company that revolutionised the automotive parts industry in the 1970s. Unipart is different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company that employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Position: Solutions Design Manager
Location: Nuneaton, Warwickshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £55,000 plus car / car allowance
About the role:
You will lead and support projects within UL to design innovative technical and commercial solutions for prospective clients – how an operation should be laid out within a new / existing facility, labour planning / cost modelling and associated risks and issues; and existing clients - reviews of existing operations, how they could be enhanced operationally (re-layout, improved information / interfaces) with the purpose of reducing cost and enhancing customer service.
Solutions Design assignments will include:
- Data requirements
- Warehouse modelling
- Transport modelling
- Sensitivity analysis / scenario testing
- User interface design / model testing
Managing client satisfaction is a key part of the role and both internal and external clients should believe they have received value from a project and be willing to discuss further work.
You will deliver projects to defined time and quality standards and manage changing priorities across different assignments, and effectively communicate progress, challenges, and potential solutions to these challenges to all stakeholders.
Developing your own skills set to retain professional competence and marketability is important – maintaining an in-depth knowledge of your own competence area and Unipart Way standards, along with maintaining your understanding of developments across the Unipart Group – e.g. standards, performance, related projects etc.
- Highly numerate, accurate and detail-focused
- Fluency in Excel and Access
- Good presentation skills and the capability to build credibility with clients and stakeholders
- Full Driving licence, preferably clean
- Previous experience in an analytical design role
- Previous commercial experience in Consumer / Retail environment
- Previous experience of transport design
- Experience of logistics network design
- Knowledge of other tools i.e. CAST, Paragon and CLASS
- Knowledge of transport resource modelling
- Experience of using costing tools
- Experience of project management
You may have experience of the following: Solutions Design Manager, Solutions Manager, Logistics Manager, Warehouse Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Transport Manager, Operations Manager, Project Manager, Project Management, Programme Manager, Programme Management, etc.