Field Service Engineer .
In April 2018, it was announced globally that from 1st of January 2019, Brüel & Kjær and HBM will be merging their activities into a new company called HBK (Hottinger, Brüel & Kjær). With more than 3,000 employees worldwide and production facilities in Denmark, Germany, the UK, the USA, China and Portugal and presence in 80 countries, HBK becomes a leading global powerhouse.
Position: Field Service Engineer
Location: Midlands / Anglia Region
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 38.75 per week
Closing Date: 16th June 2019
About the role:
Brüel & Kjær VTS Limited, the world's leading supplier of advanced technology for measuring and managing the quality of sound and vibration, have a vacancy for a Field Service Engineer in the UK in the Vibration division, working as part of our global network of field service engineers. We have customers in a wide range of industries including electronics, automotive, aviation and aerospace.
Most visits to customer sites will be UK based, with occasional visits to other European countries (e.g. France, Spain), and more rarely outside of Europe. You will be required to visit our UK headquarters in Royston, Herts, on a regular basis. In order to best support our clients, you will ideally be based in the Midlands /Anglia regions.
- Carrying out the commissioning, maintenance and repair of Brüel & Kjær VTS equipment in accordance with company procedures.
- Organising your trips to customers based on the schedule provided.
- Write-up of a summary of the actions conducted on site, to be provided to the customer and documented in the CRM system.
- Provision of post-sales service to customers.
- This job requires the ability to understand (or willingness to learn) mechanical and electronic engineering as well as hydraulic and pneumatics systems.
- A qualification in mechanical engineering, electronics or electrical engineering is desirable, or equivalent work experience.
- IT literate (Microsoft office suite, CRM systems).
- Full driver’s license.
- Fluent in English (additionally, French or Spanish would be an advantage).
- Good communicator with excellent analytical skills
- Industry experience is desirable although not essential
The job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate technology experts from around the world in a leading company within the test and measurement industry.
Freedom with responsibility is the framework for HBK’s employees. This allows for a good balance between work and family life and for constant development of professional and personal skills in an international and enjoyable working environment.
You may have experience of the following: Field Service Engineer, Field Service Technician, Mobile Support Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Bias, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Bias, Electronics, Mechanics, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Technician, etc.