Account Manager .
From Henry Barrett starting the business in 1866, Barrett Steel has provided over 150 years of a hands-on customer service approach, a mindset that sets us apart from our competitors. Barrett Constructional Steels supply’s General Steel products for a wide range of Construction Projects.
We work in successful partnership with customers in the structural fabrication and construction markets and known throughout the UK and overseas as trusted suppliers of premium quality, competitively priced raw materials and finished products.
Position: Account Manager
Location: Scunthorpe (Travel Required)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
Benefits: Holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, car / car allowance, annual bonus potential, pension.
About the role:
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Account Manager's role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new sales opportunities.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters.
- Negotiate with customers and prospects to grow sales and maximise profits.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with customer base.
- Develop new business with existing clients and / or identify areas of improvement.
- Pro-actively sell our wide range of products and services.
- Process sales enquiries / orders and see all administration through to completion, ensuring excellent levels of customer service.
- Previous experience in a target driven sales role & a strong understanding of the sales process.
- Experience working within Retail, Manufacturing, Distribution, FMCG or Utility sector.
- Proactive attitude and approach with ability to builds strong relationships quickly.
- Excellent communication & Customer Service skills.
How it feels to work for us:
We provide a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation that is respected as the UK’s leading independent steel stockholder. Our people are the driving force behind Barrett Steel and we seek individuals who are passionate, hard-working, ambitious and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude to help us build and develop the business. Barrett Steel encourages innovative thinking and has an open door for people to lead and influence change.
You may have experience of the following: Account Executive, Account Manager, Account Management, Business Development, Business Development Manager, New Business Development Manager, Client Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Executive, Senior Sales Executive, Sales, etc.