Senior Business Assurance Auditor .
We are one of the leading independent engineering and services businesses in the UK. Founded in 1921, with a turnover of £500m and 3000 employees, we are proud of our history of developing great people through our investment in training.
Working across a variety of sectors within the building and infrastructure industry, our innovative, responsible and forward thinking approach allows us to work on fantastic ground-breaking projects, providing solutions using the latest tools and technologies.
Progression is something we value and we’ll make sure that when you join us you have a clearly defined development path, supported by regular reviews, training and ongoing support to enable you to be the best you can be.
Position: Senior Business Assurance Auditor
Location: Leeds LS12
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £Competitive + Car or Car Allowance
Benefits: Company Car, 25 Days Holidays, Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance.
About the role:
NG Bailey is currently looking to recruit a Senior Business Assurance Auditor to be based within our offices in Leeds.
The successful person will primarily assist with delivery of a programme of audits across the NG Bailey Group of businesses. Conduct audits and produce reports that allow Management to make informed decisions related to risk.
- Plan, control and conduct audits of company processes at business units, departments and projects / contracts. Agree actions and timescales with Management. Produce clear, concise and balanced audit reports, the findings of which are supported by robust evidence.
- Carry out follow up audits to verify completion of audit actions. Track and monitor audit actions to satisfactory closure.
- In conjunction with the Business Assurance Audit Manager produce annual summary reports to input to Management Review for each business unit.
- Undertake Process and Project audits with Internal Audit under the departmental working together approach.
- Carry out requested audit work and internal consultancy assignments when required.
- Provide advice and guidance to the business regarding quality management, risk, process development, process control, and process improvement to add value to the business where required. Assist with the provision of information for PQQs when required. Provide input to second and third party assessments when required.
- Act as deputy to the Business Assurance Audit Manager as required.
- Provide input to the annual planning process.
- Auditing qualification (e.g. Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CIIA), IRCA Lead Auditor, ISO 9001 Lead Auditor).
- Degree or HND / HNC level qualification.
- Experience working in a similar auditing role.
- Good understanding of risk, business processes, process control and governance.
- Good report writing skills.
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical skills allowing root causes of issues to be identified.
- Experience of communicating with Senior Management.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- IT skills: competent in using Microsoft Office and SharePoint.
- Quality Management qualification / membership.
- Experience working in the construction / building services industry.
- Experience of working with ISO 9001:2015 / industry quality standards.
You may have experience of the following: Senior Business Assurance Auditor, Business Assurance Auditor, Business Auditor, Internal Auditor, Process Improvement, QA Auditor, Risk Auditing, Lead Auditor, Group Auditor, External Auditor, Quality Assurance Auditor, Certified Auditor, Business Analyst, Audictor, etc.