Technical Support Analyst .
DAI are one of the world’s foremost providers of technology solutions to the Warehousing and Logistics industry, with frequently news referenced sites around the world driving innovation in our sectors.
Position: Technical Support Analyst
Location: Stockport, Greater Manchester
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 07:00-15:30 and 14:30-23:00
Benefits: Competitive salary- based on level of experience and expertise, Profit related pay (PRP) scheme designed to reward individual contribution and performance, Group Personal Pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays rising to 29 days after 5 years of service, Private health scheme, Life assurance, Opportunity to travel internationally, Working at a newly refurbished campus which includes a gym for staff with full showering facilities
About the role:
As a Technical Support Analyst, you will be working within the Response Coordination Centre (RCC) team and be responsible for providing essential day-to-day support to customers. The role will involve providing engineering support and acting upon and monitoring generated alerts.
- Ensure incidents are correctly logged and assigned, and accurately updated as the resolution progresses
- Initiate investigations into relevant incidents
- Communicate with the customer to understand the underlying issue and provide timely feedback
- Work proactively with others across DAI to ensure prompt resolution of each incident
- Provide support to colleagues through knowledge sharing and promoting knowledge sharing initiatives
- While you will be educated and supported on the job, an inherent aptitude to technical problem solving will be required
- The RCC is a shift-based environment; hence any successful candidate would be expected to work shifts
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a customer facing role
- Experience with working in the Information Technology industry
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- Further / higher education qualifications in an engineering discipline and/or computing
- Familiar with the use of incident management tools
- Comfortable communicating directly with customers both by e-mail and telephone
- Driving license
- Knowledge of ITIL processes, and ideally ITIL certified
- Willingness to visit sites to gain a better understanding of applications
- Strong software engineering or computing background
You may have experience of the following: Technical Support Analyst, IT Support, Technical Support, IT Support Analyst, 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support, System Support Analyst, System Engineer, IT Engineer, Support Analyst, Network Support, Helpdesk Analyst, Desktop Support, etc.