Financial Controller .
Based in Bristol, our client is a successful run manufacturing business who are looking for a financial controller who will work closely with the executive team to drive new initiatives and support the execution in the company’s future strategy.
Position: Financial Controller
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £40, 000 - £45,000 per annum, depending on experience
Benefits: Bonus scheme, 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), Inclusive and friendly working environment, Regular staff functions and events, Free parking on site, Regular training and development.
About the role:
Reporting into the Director of Business Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for all financial and accounting activities whilst overseeing the financial department’s staff in day-to-day operations. While not essential, the ideal candidate would have significant finance experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Oversee company accounts and financial activities including managing the transactional team and reviewing sales ledger, purchase ledger, payroll, cash posting etc
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including financial assistants
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, operational and financial controls as well as streamlining processes
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with changes to government regulations and legislation
- Develop and prepare budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Regularly review financial plans and budgets to look for cost reduction opportunities and provide timely and accurate financial information
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Significant experience in business and finance environment – preferably with a manufacturing or engineering background
- Good understanding of Corporation tax, PAYE and VAT
- Exceptional staff management background
- Good experience at Financial Controller level
- Excellent communicator with ability to proactively manage finance matters
- Strong analytical and written skills
- Project management and organisational skills
- Proven ability of working under pressure and high attention to detail;
- Strong IT skills and experience with accounting software packages
- Understanding of data privacy standards
You may have experience of the following: Financial Controller, Accountant, Management Accountant, Commercial Accountant, Assistant Financial Controller, Qualified Accountant, Finance Manager, Head of Finance, ACCA, CIMA, etc.