Sales Account Handler .
PIB is a growing group of insurance advisory businesses. The business is growing rapidly through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market.
Position: Sales Account Handler
Location: Morton Michel - Croydon, Surrey (Commutable from Mitcham, Bromley, Sutton & surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £25,000 to £28,000 per annum
About the role:
Morton Michel are now looking for an Account Handler to join our team in Croydon. The purpose of the role is to secure new business opportunities within our childcare scheme. This is an exciting role for right candidate who wants to join a growing business.
- To generate and secure New Business enquiries to achieve success against individual and collective financial goals.
- Dealing promptly with new business enquiries and applications by phone, internet, email from brokers or clients direct, following up on Quotes and Indications given.
- Occasional attendance at workshops and forums etc. e.g. the Westminster forums and the Nurseryworld business summit as well as attendance at childcare industry seminars Feedback your knowledge of the wider childcare world to the MD, Research Analyst and Marketing team at regular meetings and 1-2-1s and act swiftly to highlight any urgent new information that requires action. Draw MD’s attention to any new or important developments in the Childcare world.
- To establish, develop and maintain good working relationships with other new business executives, clients, sub-brokers and other divisions within PIB.
- Attending trade shows, corporate hospitality events, awards ceremonies and other marketing events, arranging appointments to visit prospective clients and fulfilling them.
- To suggest and evaluate opportunities for further expansion of the schemes accounts.
- A strategic thinker with aptitude for fostering positive relationships; Strong work flow management skills.
- A broad and sound knowledge in the market and in all classes of retail / commercial insurance.
- Excellent communication skills; Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Forward planning (ability to anticipate future outcomes).
- Able to quickly identify potential problems and seek advice when required; Able to quickly grasp and interpret salient information.
- Ability to build and maintain close relationships with clients and associations; At least 2 years’ experience of selling and of SME Insurance products and services.
You may have experience of the following: Sales Account Handler, Account Manager, Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Business Development Manager, Business Development Representative, Business Development Executive, Internal Account Manager, Internal Sales Executive, Insurance Sales, etc.