Lift Engineer (Service / Call-out) .
What makes ACE Lifts different from all other lift companies?
Established for 30 years, we are different from other lift companies, we are passionate about R&D; we manufacture our own lift control panels in house and we can provide and offer our customers an online remote monitoring system the i-COM, compatible with any lift, whatever the type or manufacturer.
Quality is at the forefront of everything we do, one of our main objectives is to continually exceed our customer’s expectations by providing all our staff with excellent learning and training support to ensure ACE Lifts always surpasses the industry norm. We aim to reduce Lift breakdowns to below industry average by the end of 2019.
You therefore will be joining the ACE team at an exciting time, the strategic financial objectives are for the company to grow at a rate of 20% per annum for the next 3 years.
Position: Service and Call-out Lift Engineers
Location: Leicester, Birmingham and surrounding areas
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: up to £36,000 per annum dependant on experiences
Benefits: improved company benefits package including extra holidays and sick leave, company vehicle, mobile phone, contributory pension, additional holiday buy and sell scheme, cost savings schemes
About the role:
As a Lift Engineer, your primary objective is to carry out routine maintenance on commercial / residential lifts to a pre-planned schedule, attend call outs and breakdowns for your area of responsibility and make small repairs to lifts as directed. Additionally, you will investigate reports highlighting lifts that are out of order or have recurring breakdowns, taking remedial action.
- Carry out regular routine maintenance on commercial / residential lifts to a pre-planned schedule
- Available to respond to breakdowns / call-outs during regular hours and Out-of-Hours. On call required 1-4
- Respond to requests from the Office for information / data necessary to fulfil role
- Visit customers / lifts / sites as directed and in accordance with the workload
- Procurement of materials
- Involvement in site surveys
- Measuring site performance
- Producing site reports
- Dealing with technical queries
- Responsible at all times for Health and Safety and in line with BS7255:2012 Code of Practice for Safe Working on Lifts
- An experienced Lift Engineer
- Minimum of 5+ years working within the lift industry, taking ownership of a service route
- Keen knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- NVQ level 3 Lift Servicing & Repair, LEIA modules
- Working knowledge of current 16th Edition Wiring Regulations would also be desirable
You will also have the opportunity to pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role. We have developed clear and concise training and development plans for our staff; 86% of our current workforce is currently undertaking training and development. A generous training budget has been allocated for your professional development and will be discussed at performance reviews to ensure you receive the support you need.
This role will suit the engineer who is genuinely ambitious and wants a challenging and interesting job and is able to make a real difference to the overall company performance.
ACE Lifts Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce and inclusive environment.
You may have experience of the following: Service and Call-out Lift Engineers, Lift Engineer, Field Lift Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Mobile Support Engineer, Networks, Electronic Technician, Electrical Engineer, Field Service Technician, Maintenance Engineer, etc.