Plumbing Apprentice .
Are you looking to kick start your career as a plumber? Do you want to work on exciting projects that will challenge you daily – and get paid while you do it?
We have exciting opportunities for enthusiastic people to join our experienced Engineering Team in Manchester, where you can learn from the industry’s best.
We work on everything from large office buildings to nuclear power stations; hospitals to universities; factories to the rail network. No two projects are ever the same.
Our apprenticeship programme will ensure you develop the highest standard of knowledge, skills, behaviours and experience in the industry.
Position: Plumbing Apprentice - Manchester
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
As a site based apprentice you will:
- Train at one of the top performing colleges or training providers in the country as you work towards your Advanced Apprenticeship.
- Learn about Safety First and Foremost, our award winning approach to working safely.
- Be working indoors and outdoors and occasionally have to work at height.
- Be prepared for early starts and the possibility of travel away from home.
- Develop great working relationships with some of the industry’s most talented people.
- Have a strong support network with the right levels of supervision giving you the chance to build your confidence and use your initiative.
You will learn to:
- Install various rain water, foul water, laboratory waste pipework using various UPVC, MUPVC. PP, PE plastic and cast iron pipework systems.
- Install hot & cold water pipework systems in Copper, Stainless Steel and various plastic including the associated bracketry systems.
- Assist with the installation of domestic water tanks, plate heat exchangers and various plant items.
- Install various types of sanitary ware fittings, including hot & cold water and waste pipework final connections.
- Read and understand pipework material specifications and manufacturer’s installation instructions for various system types and products.
- Inspect and air pressure test all final / sectional rain water, foul water pipework systems and the hydraulic water pressure testing of all hot & cold pipework systems.
- Diagnose and rectify faults on various pipework systems.
- You will be trained to use small hand tools such as tape measures, pipe slices, pipe cutters, hacksaws, rough files, screwdrivers etc. to carry-out various installation methods on site.
- You will be trained to use various electrical / battery powered tools such as pipework pressfit tools, SDS hammer & combination drills.
- You will be trained to safely use & inspect access equipment for ‘Working at Height’ such as Mobile Elevating Working Platforms, Advanced Guard Rail Mobile Scaffold Towers, Push Along Vehicles (PAV’s) etc.
We are looking for people who:
- Are keen to learn.
- Subscribe to our values of Passion, Integrity and Excellence.
- Are organised and well prepared with excellent timekeeping and attendance.
- Can speak and write clearly.
- Love to work with their hands.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Are adaptable and able to work under pressure.
- Can follow instructions and work to a standard.
- Are able to act independently.
Your 4 year Apprenticeship will include:
- Level 3 Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technician.
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English if required.
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities.
- End Point Assessment.
In addition, you will regularly attend in house training and development as part of the programme.
To apply, you need:
Grade C / 4 or above in GCSE (or equivalent) English Language, Maths and a science based subject, plus 2 other subjects at grade C / 4 or above.
NG Bailey is an Equal Opportunities employer and all applicants will receive equal treatment within their application and selection process.
You may have experience of the following: Apprentice Plumber, Plumbing Apprentice, Junior Plumber, Assistant Plumber, Trainee Plumber, Plumbing Assistant, Plumbing Trainee, Apprentice, Apprenticeship, etc.