Police Officer .
Position: Police Officer
Location: Northamptonshire Police
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £20,370 - Progressing to £23,586 per annum
About the role:
Constables play a critical front-line role in the prevention and detection of crime and the criminal justice system. Constables work in partnership on a day-to-day basis with local communities, stakeholders and colleagues in order to promote law and order, reduce the fear of crime, provide reassurance and build confidence to improve the quality of life for citizens.
This role carries legal powers to enable the maintenance of law and order and bears responsibility for making autonomous decisions in accordance with the National Decision Model and Code of Ethics, exercising professional discretion, as appropriate to the role, in line with legal frameworks and policy guidelines. Constables are required to meet and maintain the highest professional standards required of their role, by conducting all actions in a legal, balanced, proportionate and justifiable manner to uphold the law and achieve the best outcomes in a wide range of situations / incidents.
- Typically, a PC is likely to have achieved a Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) prior to entry.
- Completed mandatory assessments on recruitment. Policing Education and Qualification Framework (PEQF): From April 2020, new entrants will be required to achieve a Level 6 qualification. This could be from a level 6 Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship, Degree-Holder Entry Programme or a Pre-join Professional Policing Degree.
- Able to develop a deep knowledge and understanding of a local community including society composition, the needs of the vulnerable and local safety issues.
- Skilled in the use of standard IT packages, systems and / or databases to fulfil role requirements.
- Skilled in applying personal safety tactics, including the use of equipment and restraints.
Northamptonshire Police’s purpose is Fighting Crime, Protecting People. Come and join us!
You may have experience of the following: Police Community Support Officer, PCSO, Community Support Officer, Security Guard, Security Officer, Customer Service Officer, Anti-Social Behaviour Officer, ASB Officer, Customer Service Representative, Case Worker, Prison Officer, etc.