Activities Coordinator .
Full time, 35 hours per week - days, to be flexible as evening and weekends will be required,
Want the chance to use and grow your skills and knowledge while making a difference to society?
Want to be part of a leading organisation which positively impacts on the lives of disabled people across the world?
If so… Leonard Cheshire offers you the chance to become part of a great team!
Leonard Cheshire is the leader in enriching the lives of disabled people. We are the largest disability non-profit organisation in the UK, with around 7,000 employees, and we support more than 20,000 disabled people across our global operations. We honour our past, drawing on our legacy to inspire us for the future. We are in the exciting process of transforming into a modern, relevant and sustainable organisation.
We offer an environment where you can work with great leaders and be part of a team who are passionate making a positive impact on the lives of disabled people. You will have opportunities to learn and grow in your role, building your skills and knowledge in partnership with others.
Position: Activities Co-ordinator
Location: Agate House, Ampthill (commutable from Bedford, Milton Keynes, Dunstable and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week, to be flexible within days.
Salary: £11.38 per hour / £20,768 per annum
Closing Date: 13 June 2019
About the role:
You will lead on the provision of activities at the respective Service, identifying, developing and delivering social and recreational activities, events and outings both inside and outside the service with customers to enhance their daily living.
About you: (please see the job description for full details)
- Experience of providing direct personal and social care.
- Demonstrable experience of researching, planning & organising activities.
- To be creative and flexible in accordance with the needs of the service and experience of working with people who have physical and / or learning disabilities.
- To have experience of team working and supervising other staff.
- To drive the Service's vehicles.
We offer a wide range of employee rewards and benefits including:
- Fair and competitive pay rates.
- Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
- Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell, depending on needs (salary sacrifice).
- Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates.
- Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice).
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
A satisfactory disclosures check (PVG membership in Scotland) is required for this post.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
You may have experience of the following: Activities Leader, Activities Coordinator, Activities Supervisor, Support Coordinator, Services Coordinator, Disability, Social Care, Therapy, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit etc.