Technical Operations Manager .
HRCentral Ltd offers HR and Recruitment support and advice to SME’s, from a full outsourced HR solution to ad hoc advice on specific HR and Resourcing problems.
Position: Technical Operations Manager
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £60,000 to £85,000 per annum
About the role:
Due to unprecedented growth amongst its global community of customers, this role has been newly created to ensure the people and operations strategy match the companies’ ambitious plans. Reporting to the Managing Director, you'll support the business in ensuring that operational and people systems are aligned to business goals; that customers’ expectations continue to be met and exceeded and driving continuous improvements within the business. This company already has a highly qualified team of specialists providing tailored solutions to their clients and with an in-depth understanding of their needs. Based in Oxfordshire, the UKs scientific hi-tech zone, this is a chance to work for a business that provides technical products and know-how to clients who are working at the cutting edge of technological growth; from aerospace and defence to motorsport and renewables.
You'll use your considerable knowledge of hi-tech engineering industry, its challenges and opportunities, to shape the role. You'll provide guidance and oversight on key operational processes and ensure the smooth running of the business for employees, suppliers and customers alike. Your experience in managing people will be critical to supporting the team’s growth; helping them to realise their clients future complex engineering needs. This is a varied role, which will have a positive impact across the business, so your proven ability to influence and motivate will be essential.
- Managing the operational processes of the company from initial enquiry to design, production and installation.
- Responsible for overseeing the management and delivery of internal projects such as equipment upgrades and technical research and development, in keeping with HSE regulations.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing organisational technical processes from start to finish.
- Responsible for the supply chain and distributor matrix including contract and pricing reviews.
- Overseeing quality control and management systems and ensuring all projects outgoing are quality control checked and accurate to the order.
- Ensuring the brief from the design and sales team is clear and refining specifications as needed to ensure it is production ready.
- Budget co-ordination and reporting including contractor and vendor management.
- People management, ensuring performance reviews and appraisals are up to date and coaching and mentoring employees.
- Ensuring appraisals and personal development and performance management plans are followed and adhered to in conjunction with the line managers.
- Initial point of contact for any HR related queries.
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable of technical operations.
- Team management experience ideally with experience of coaching and mentoring.
- Experience gained working within a customer-focused engineering business.
- A logical problem solver with good attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- Significant experience of managing budget, and fiscal reporting for technical teams.
- Experience of managing third party suppliers to deliver major contracts and services.
- Strong business knowledge to understand the relevant business objectives and issues.
- Good client handling skills builds rapport quickly with clients to establish long-term relationships coupled with excellent communication skills.
- Experience of AutoCAD or Solid works and the ability to read engineering drawings.
- Prince 2 / Agile or similar project management skills.
You may have experience of the following: Technical Operations Manager, Technical Manager, Operations Manager, Operations, Manufacturing Manager, Manufacturing Quality Manager, Manufacturing, Quality Control, QC, QA Manager, Project Management, Project Manager, AutoCAD, PRINCE2, Agile, etc.