Office Manager (Shipping) .
You may remember Unipart as the company that revolutionised the automotive parts industry in the 1970s. Unipart is different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company that employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Position: Shipping Team Leader
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, CV3
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £24,500 per annum
About the role:
The Shipping Team Leader will lead a team of Shipping Clerks within our Production Control Office.
- Operational Processes, procedures and project delivery
- Ensure environment, health and safety standards are achieved on an on-going basis and actively promote individual responsibility for environment, health and safety
- Actively promote and take responsibility for embedding a culture of employee engagement within the team, ensuring high levels of team morale
- Ensure that the team delivers Key Performance Indicators, where this performance is sustained and continually improved, with focus on quality, performance and cost
- Ensure processes have a relevant standard operating procedure and that these are continually improved to drive improvements in quality and performance
- Utilise continuous improvement tools and techniques and support team members in their application to drive improvements in performance cost and quality
- Develop and maintain appropriate daily, weekly and monthly reporting mechanisms to monitor, control and improve performance in terms of quality, operational delivery, cost, environment health and safety and operationally
- Lead daily team meetings
- Manage the allocation of work on a daily basis, controlling headcount and overtime budgets and ensuring cost, quality and delivery targets met
- Monitor team absence and performance, taking action where necessary
- Manage customer interfaces and expectations to ensure excellent customer service is received
- Deliver projects in the work area that drive continuous improvement in performance
- IT literacy essential including MS Office
- Previous experience of managing teams within a busy office environment
- Freight forwarding experience desirable
- Good communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience of dealing with change and projects to improve processes etc.
- Experience of Resource Planning
- Commercially aware
You may have experience of the following: Shipping Team Leader, Shipping Supervisor, Shipping Coordinator, Logistics Team Leader, Logistics Supervisor, Logistics Coordinator, Transport Team Leader, Transport Supervisor, Transport Coordinator, Office Manager, Office Team Leader, Office Supervisor, Customer Service Manager, Customer Service Team Leader, Customer Service Supervisor, etc.