Duty Manager (Nights) .
Marlin is a leading hotel and serviced apartment provider with a portfolio of 800 apartments and a 236 room hotel in and around the city of London, with high perspectives of doubling that number in the next 4 years. We pride ourselves on being leaders in our industry and we are currently seeking a Night Duty Manager to join our energetic and vibrant team at Waterloo Hotel.
Position: Night Duty Manager
Location: Waterloo, London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week scheduled across the week as the role requires.
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Benefits: 20 days of holiday per year + 8 bank holidays, Extra day of holiday after a year of service, Heavily discounted gym membership, Pension, Full bespoke training, Yearly corporate parties, Frequent team building activities.
About the role:
This person is ultimately responsible for ensuring that on all occasions guests are completely satisfied with their stay and that the service they receive meets or exceeds their expectations. The delivery of outstanding customer service to all guests is paramount to every task they complete.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the hotel’s safety and security during the night.
- Responsible for the hotel fire evacuation during the night time in the event of fire alarm activation.
- Ensure you follow hotel policies in regards to security, Health and Safety and Fire regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring that employees comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
- Ensure the security walk is performed every night.
- Identify and oversee all training needs across the business related to customer service.
- Ensure a handover takes place between the late shift and the night shift.
- Follow up on any outstanding issues on the DM log that may need your attention during the night.
- Ensure you have full understanding of the remaining arrivals, availability and liaise with the other buildings in fully booked days.
- Liaise with any guests’ requests, complaints and find a satisfactory solution.
- Be proactive to identify guests’ needs.
- Encourage our staff to greet and deal with our guests with genuine warmth through example and training to provide outstanding customer service.
- Liaise positively with all departments to ensure complete well-being and luxury experience for the guests.
- Monitor the bar activity until closing and ensure bar staff adhere to the Licensing law.
- Ensure the night reports are done every night, are checked and accurate.
- You must be a ‘People Person’ with a very strong customer service skills.
- Clear-thinker and Problem solver.
- Proactive and enthusiastic.
- Passionate about the guest’s journey.
- An innovative mind.
- Positive attitude, team player and flexibility.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise.
- Be well spoken with good communication skills.
- Be self-motivated, maintaining a high level of focus
You may have experience of the following: Duty Manager, Night Duty Manager, Hotel Manager, Hospitality Manager, Hospitality Supervisor, Front of House, Bar Manager, Bar Supervisor, Accommodation Manager, Reservations Manager, etc.