Site Maintenance Manager .
Next is one of the UK’s best-known high-street retailers and most established online. Behind the scenes we are at the cutting edge of Warehousing and Logistics, employing more than 7000 people across eight distribution centres.
Position: Site Maintenance Manager
Location: South Elmsall, Pontefract
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Shifts including some weekends and nights cover
Benefits: Company bonus scheme and contributory pension; Access to our Sharesave scheme; Uniform is provided; Free Parking; Subsidised canteen; 25% discount on Next Merchandise; Up to 70% discount at our staff shops.
About the role:
Due to expansion, we are looking for a talented individual to join our Elmsall Way warehouse as a Site Maintenance Manager, leading a team of team of multi-skilled Maintenance Engineers to ensure the safe operation and smooth running of our state of the art fully automated warehouses.
- Provide leadership and day to day supervision of a team of Maintenance Engineers, prioritising workload and managing appropriate resources
- Prioritise repairs, breakdowns and planned preventative maintenance of our huge range of pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyors, and cranes to ensure equipment is running to its optimum performance to meet all performance targets
- Manage the maintenance stores ensuring sufficient spare parts are available, adjusting and re-ordering as required
- Analysis and resolution of Electrical and Mechanical faults and repairs escalated to you by Engineers
- Escalate any fault or breakdown that you cannot deal with to the Engineering Manager to ensure that operational targets are adjusted or managed as appropriate
- Performance reviews and management of Maintenance Team, providing feedback to enhance individual performance. Coaching and mentoring to enhance personal and professional development of your team
- Work with other managers within Operations to ensure optimum flow of goods through the warehouse
- Be a Health & Safety ambassador, ensuring safe working practises are a priority within your team and across the site
- Demonstrable experience as a Maintenance Engineer, with the ability to teach and guide a team in the technical aspects of engineering
- Experience of installations, maintaining and troubleshooting of inverters, solenoids, servo drives, solenoids
- Sound knowledge of communication systems - Profibus, Profinet, ASIbus or CANbus
- PLC Experience
- Strong people management experience, leading teams of 5+ people.
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship and ONC or equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (HNC preferred)
You may have experience of the following: Site Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Engineer, Facilities Manager, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Installations Engineer, etc.