Electrical Maintenance Engineer .
Due to substantial investment, business growth and expansion at Next Distribution, we are currently recruiting for an electrically biased maintenance engineer at our Dearne Valley Boxed warehouse.
Next is one of the UK’s best-known high-street retailers and most established online. Behind the scenes we are at the cutting edge of Warehousing and Logistics, employing more than 7000 people across eight distribution centres.
Position: Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Location: Manvers, Rotherham
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 12-hour shifts including days, nights and weekends
Salary: £35,858 starting salary depending on experience plus benefits
Benefits: An opportunity to work with the leading technologies within Warehousing & Logistics; Continuous training through our internal development programmes; A competitive salary along with company bonus scheme and contributory pension; Access to our Sharesave scheme; Uniform is provided; Free Parking; Subsidised canteen; 25% discount on Next Merchandise; Up to 70% discount at our staff shops
About the role:
Our Maintenance Engineers play a pivotal role in ensuring that the huge range of warehouse machinery and equipment are maintained and repaired as required to ensure the operation runs smoothly, implementing management instruction with regard to all aspects of the role and ensure awareness of Health and Safety, working in a specialist field.
- Perform fault-finding and diagnosis on a range of PLC controlled warehouse equipment
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on a range of pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyors, and robots in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and industry standard practices
- Responsible for the recording of all work undertaken
- Analysis and resolution of Electrical and Mechanical faults and repairs
- Conduct regular inspections whilst assisting in the completion and review of risk assessments for the department
- Work alongside other Engineers to combine a great deal of initiative and enthusiasm with a sound understanding of electrical and mechanical issues
- Responsible for spare part auditing and ordering as appropriate to ensure equipment downtime is kept to absolute minimum
- Work with the Operations teams to ensure optimum flow of goods through the warehouse
- Previous experience of working in a Maintenance Engineering role with experience of PPM, fault-finding and diagnosis of faults on pneumatics and hydraulics ideally within a warehouse, FMCG or similar environment
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship and ONC (or equivalent) in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
- Understanding of ASI and Profibus systems
- PLC Experience
- Able to work at heights of up to 20m with appropriate training
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of utilising Mechanical & Electrical technical manuals and drawings
- PC Literate
You may have experience of the following: Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Engineering, etc.