Production Manager (Block plant) .
Ball & Young Ltd Manufacturers of the market leading C9 range of Carpet Underlay’s, are looking for a Production Manager for its Block Manufacturing Plant based in Corby
Position: Production Manager – Block Plant
Location: Corby, Northamptonshire (commutable from Kettering, Peterborough, Uppingham and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Mon to Fri, 8am to 5pm
Salary: £40 to £45k per annum
Benefits: Pension 4% to 7% matching contributions – this carries 4 x annual salary death in service life assurance, Private Healthcare
About the role:
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager the successful candidate will be directly responsible for all aspects of production, ensuring that the department is working to the highest level of efficiency to meet the demanding business requirements.
The position also involves responsibility for Health and Safety, Production planning, Lean Manufacturing, Quality, all aspects of people management and training requirements within the production environment.
Responsible for achieving and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Block plant production operation to provide quality, on time and in full orders to our customers.
In addition to these functions managers are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required
- Management and economic control of resources (plant / labour / material).
- To implement corrective and continuous improvement actions on equipment and processes where required.
- Review the effectiveness of our productivity including measurements for quality, productivity and supplier performance.
- Responsible for co-ordinating monthly, quarterly and annual stock takes and audits.
- Analyse and evaluate all KPI achievements and action improvement measures as necessary.
- Ensure continued high performance, or plan and implement process improvement plans in line with agreed lean manufacturing programmes
- Audit house keeping in all areas to ensure high standards are maintained.
- Ensure all production materials purchased are ordered and delivered within specification for production requirements.
- Implement disciplinary action where appropriate in all situations and particularly attendance and timekeeping issues, treating all employees equally and fairly in a consistent manner.
- Effectively manage employee relations and site communication through timely team briefings on targets
- Organise and manage the recruitment of temporary agency workers, their inductions, supervision and recording of hours.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all aspects of the Business Health and Safety Policy alongside the Manufacturing Manager.
- Ensure all accidents and hazard reports are correctly recorded, advise the relevant authorities and conduct a thorough investigation and that appropriate actions are taken to avoid re-occurrence.
- Issue personal protective equipment and ensure its correct and required usage and that appropriate training has been provided as necessary.
- Investigating work areas suffering reoccurring health complaints or hazard reports in order to locate root cause.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duty as requested by the Operations Director or MD.
This demanding role requires 5 years management experience in a production environment with a proven track record in problem solving, efficiency improvements and motivational / team building skills.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a pre-requisite with the ability to make decisions in a fast-moving environment.
Educated to degree level is highly desirable.
Formal management/Health and safety qualifications are desirable but not essential.(eg CMI level 5/NEBOSH certificate.
You may have experience of the following: Production Manager, Manufacturing, Shift Manager, Production Team Leader, Shift Production Manager, Operations Supervisor, Manufacturing Manager, Shift Supervisor, Line Manager, Manufacturing Supervisor, Operations Manager, Production Supervisor, etc.