Area Manager (Manufacturing) .
AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,500 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK Runcorn is the home to AAK Foods, a major manufacturer and supplier of sauces, condiments and dressings to the retail and foodservice sectors.
Our private label work has won awards for taste and quality, and our products can be found on the shelves of stores throughout the world.
From our site on Davy Road, to the east of the town centre, we work with customers to co-develop new recipes for grocery private label products, retail restaurants, quick service restaurants, foodservice and food ingredients.
Position: Area Manager
Location: Runcorn, Cheshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: A competitive salary and benefits package. Company pension 3% Employee, 5% employer. UK Healthcare scheme. 25 days holidays plus bank holidays. Bonus scheme. Investment in training and development.
About the role:
AAK are seeking to appoint an Area Manager to join the Runcorn Operations Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for management of labour across lines, machinery and maintenance to ensure quality and production targets are achieved, whilst ensuring Health and Safety remains paramount.
- Train and develop team, to ensure employee engagement is maximised through effective leadership.
- Host daily operation review.
- Ensure Food Safety (HACCP) and Health and Safety remain paramount at all times.
- Conduct efficient and effective shift handover.
- Maintain correct labour allocation across site.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained by participating in HACCP studies.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure correct control of CCP’s.
- Achieve and exceed productivity targets.
- Ensure maximum effectiveness of cost through monitoring of waste, works order accuracy and labour cost control.
- Correct set-up of lines aligned to operating standards and planned preventative maintenance.
- Experience successfully managing and motivating a team.
- Understanding of good manufacturing and LEAN manufacturing techniques.
- Experience working with HACCP and Health and Safety standards.
- Knowledge of SMED (Single Multi Exchange Die).
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
You may have experience of the following: Area Manager, Regional Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Site Manager, Maintenance Manager, Production Manager, Operations Manager, Operations Coordinator, etc.